Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:39 am

Tattoo Assassins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
handofg0d

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Tattoo Assassins Reply with quote

Quick background, Tattoo Assassins was a Mortal Kombat-esque arcade game developed by Data East. For whatever reasons, it never made an official release. There are several working cabinets of the game out there, 2 of which are held by PAPA (ProAm Pinball Assoc).

At any rate, I found a youtube video depicting 60 of the possible 2196 fatality moves. After watching the (rather long) video, I really wish it was released commercially. Sure, you can emulate it on a MaMe cabinet, but it's just not the same. Follow the link below for the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyShWcYPfD4
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is when he turns the other guy into Whistler's Mother, because there's a really awkward pause afterwards.
BBH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of interesting information about the game and why it was cancelled here:

http://www.bunnyears.net/tattoo/index.html

I don't think the game actually has 2196 fatalities. Yes it does say that in the game's attract mode, but it's most likely a "red herring" to make people think there's more secrets hidden in it than there actually are. (see Kano Transformations in the bookkeeping menu of MK2, "Rain" in the attract mode of UMK3). There are FAQs on GameFAQs that seem to have found almost all the possible fatalities, and they certainly don't add up to 2196.

That said, the best "fatality" in this game is the one where the character shits out a turkey, the turkey collides with the opponent, and then gets cloned into more turkeys that get sent back at the original character, and all of a sudden there are turkeys flying around everywhere juggling both characters for no reason. It's so delightfully bizarre. (it's the one at 4:17 in the video above)
handofg0d

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of my favorites:

3:58 mark - Run over by a Delorean
8:21 mark - Mans chest shits out egg, that hatches a 2 headed Barney the dinosaur, which makes opponent collapse.
8:46 mark - Man shoots opponent with shotgun, blood sprays out like lawn sprinkler while man drinks a beer and crushes can on forehead in victory.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit that was retarded.
ICEknight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, the Burger Time fatality was kind of funny...
drsteve

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favorite games of all time. This video didn't actually show all the characters in action, there is Deke Cay a rotting corpse; Rhyna, the most buff woman in the world with a gigantic horn poking out of her head(she also fights in the "I'm a little tea pot" stance); Prism, a man made out of pure... cyrstal who's animations are the stiffest things of all time; and finally Koldan who's mere presence on the screen brings the game to an unplayable 1 frame per second half of the time you fight him. You can't play as them as far as I can tell, but you can get to them in arcade mode and if you're lucky they will pull out some of their fatalities on you when you lose.

This is easily the best game to play at 3-4 am ever.
Mack_the_Hairbrush

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article provides some intriguing insights into how the game was created. But how did one of the only 2 machines in existence get dumped for MAME?
Computolio_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone got to it before Scott Evans did?
BBH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack_the_Hairbrush wrote:
The article provides some intriguing insights into how the game was created. But how did one of the only 2 machines in existence get dumped for MAME?

it's also worth noting that there are two different romsets in MAME, the second being an "Asia Prototype". I have my doubts that this game was ever intended to be sold in Asia, but you never know.

so I guess that means both machines have been dumped, unless there's more hiding out there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: