Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:23 am

Clock Work Knight Pengin War prototype on yahoo japan
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Druid II

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Clock Work Knight Pengin War prototype on yahoo japan Reply with quote

Remember this prototype?
http://xcult.sonic-cult.org/dispgame.php?catid=18&gameid=6

Clockwork Knight Pengin War, a bomberman clone in CW setting. A copy of this was released by segafreak_nl (many props to him), and a certain someone is releasing copies of it on Yahoo Japan:

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m39843803

So what is this disc, mislabeled as Clockwork Knight 3 (to make it more interesting no doubt), on a Saturn CDR? A quick search revealed that seikouenojp is Yakumo of segagagadomain.com:

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6011&highlight=seikouenojp

Now, Yakumo has admitted in the past that he was sent a copy of this game before, right? But, given that he oh so loves to show off his collection, why isnt the disk listed on his site? Because his copy was only the cd image... and he does own quite a few Saturn CDRs. Smells fishy.

So I posted a thread about it on assemblergames.com message board, asking what's the deal - is it real, or fake. It's possible that multiple copies exist, but then, how come he never gloated about it if he indeed found a second copy, or bought the original? It would be so unlike him to keep an original saturn prototype silent, with a whole site devoted to the "look at all the leet shiz I have" topic.
However, the thread got deleted the next morning with a PM from Yakumo in my inbox, which pretty much confirms my suspicions:
Quote:
Hi Druid II,

I'd like to keep the Yahoo auction quiet from these boards if possible due to a few different reasons. I've had to delete your post about it for which I do apologise but I really do want to keep this quiet. This is one of the main reasons why it's not on EBay.

Thanks

Yakumo

Keep it quiet? Why? Oh, maybe because you are burning your own fake prototype disks for quick bucks? Way to go "collector guy".

I sent a note about this to segafreak_nl, whos reply was:
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your message. You know, it's hard not let myself go because -lets put it this way- it isn't the first time I've noticed certain 'border crossing' behaviour from that direction.
I don't want to get any further into the matter but clearly such a move isn't going to do any favours around these parts.

You can thank him for the fact that the scene won't receive any 'free' prototypes from me any time soon. I had thoughts about releasing Destruction Derby 2 but after this..no chance.

Gee, thanks a lot Yakumo. If we won't ever get copies of the canned Saturn Destruction Derby 2, it will be because of you. I don't know wether I should be sad or angry at the guy, and the fact that he is hold in high regards in collector circles (being a mod at assemblers for example).

Last edited by Druid II on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Jurai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad props to yakumo
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the mods at assembler's site are underhanded? I never would have guessed!

My grievances w/ assembler's site are well documented... i'll shut up now.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And my tolerance for Assembler Forums grievances on my own forums is not yet exhausted, so you feel free.

Fuck this. Fuck that guy. Druid, I'm spreading this around, what do you mind/not mind me using from your original post?
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in that case....

I just happen to run a website that gets 75% of assembler's users (going by ip address, using an image i still have linked on his site).

So if you would like for this to become public knowledge with assembler's users, may i present you with a blank canvas?

http://gamerhistory.com/forum/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=8
nixon
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEFEA
Druid II

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to repost this anywhere you like. I know a LOT of people who regard this guy is a total jackass, and It's about time that others notice it too.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixon wrote:
FEFEA
drx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assemblergames.com is a cool website.
Getz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come segafreak_nl doesn't do anything about this?
Druid II

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getz wrote:
How come segafreak_nl doesn't do anything about this?

He already did, read op post.

Appearantly, Yakumo is trying to dodge by saying that its not his disc, he is just a middleman, which is IMO just bullshit:
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9472&page=9
Dot50Cal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who knows Yakumo (and as a fellow fattie assembler moderator) I'd like to think this isnt true. However the concerns are being brought to light on the boards behind closed doors where the moderators can talk about it.

I was hoping the generalizations about people who visit / mod the Assembler boards would have ceased by now, but its apparent that its hasnt yet. Sad

ProgrammingAce wrote:
Well, in that case....

I just happen to run a website that gets 75% of assembler's users (going by ip address, using an image i still have linked on his site).

The ASSEMblergames.com message board - home of the obscure
Members: 1,323

GamerHistory Forum Index
We have 158 registered users

what
Yakumo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Clock Work Knight Pengin War prototype on yahoo japan Reply with quote

Druid II wrote:
Now, Yakumo has admitted in the past that he was sent a copy of this game before, right? But, given that he oh so loves to show off his collection, why isnt the disk listed on his site? Because his copy was only the cd image... and he does own quite a few Saturn CDRs. Smells fishy.
OK, first of all let me tell you that my site is not to show off my collection but to inform others what games are about. Now, yes I actually do own the version sent out by Segafreak_NL and no it's not on my site because it is a CDR copy right off the net. What would be the point adding that to a site that if for showing stuff you can actually buy?

Secondly I do not own a load of Sega CDR discs? Where did you get this information? Are you making things up to make me look like some pirate whore or what?

Quote:
So I posted a thread about it on assemblergames.com message board, asking what's the deal - is it real, or fake. It's possible that multiple copies exist, but then, how come he never gloated about it if he indeed found a second copy, or bought the original?
No you didn't! Your original post was a simple link to the auction.

Quote:
It would be so unlike him to keep an original saturn prototype silent, with a whole site devoted to the "look at all the leet shiz I have" topic.
It's not my disc so why should I post a picture of it saying LOOK WHAT I HAVE? The disc isn't even in my possession.

Quote:
You can thank him for the fact that the scene won't receive any 'free' prototypes from me any time soon. I had thoughts about releasing Destruction Derby 2 but after this..no chance.
I'm sorry Segafreak_NL feels that way and I can't say I blame him with the shit stirring you are doing. How many forums are you posting this on? Better work hard , you may finally get to someone who can post it up on IGN's main news page or something! That disc has a version number on it which I will ask for. Then we'll find out if it's the same one or not.

Quote:
Gee, thanks a lot Yakumo. If we won't ever get copies of the canned Saturn Destruction Derby 2, it will be because of you.
Blame me all you want, I don't care. All you are worried about is getting something for free.

I won't be coming back here to post anymore comments. I've said all I have to say, which basically boils down to the disc isn't mine, I'm not burning copies of Segafreak_NL's release on to multiple Sega CDRs (which I don't own anyway). The owner insists that it's legit.

Yakumo
Druid II

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many of those 1300 people are regulars?

btw anyone who wants to see Yakumo constantly contradict himself in defense, check http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=176021 (page 9)
Dot50Cal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris, I wonder why you posted this under the name Druid? Your vendetta against Assembler makes this look very staged, though the point is valid.

Unless you or someone here buys the proto to check for sure, all thats here are accusations.

Not that I want to further this anymore, but the 1300 are all there as of a few days ago when Assembler purged the db of people who havent logged in for 2 months.
Druid II

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dot50Cal wrote:
Boris, I wonder why you posted this under the name Druid? Your vendetta against Assembler makes this look very staged, though the point is valid.

I have no vendetta against assembler, in my eyes he made himself pathetic enough to be left alone when he made his bullshit ddos claims and legal threats. And fake Xtreme auctions. And personal attacks against game developers. Among others. Get your head out of your ass, please.

Quote:
Not that I want to further this anymore, but the 1300 are all there as of a few days ago when Assembler purged the db of people who havent logged in for 2 months.

I just checked the assembler memberlist and its full of people who had not visited the board since as far as 2006 April.
link
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix that link please.
Dot50Cal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heads not in my ass, hence me taking your claims seriously. I just think its a shitty thing for you to bring this all around everywhere as if its fact when its just speculation at this point.

Its being handled at the forums, no other mods were aware of the issue until you brought it up today.

I can already see where this is going to end up, its going to remain as unconfirmed and you probably knew that. Hence there goes rep of a respected mod at Assembler. Victory? If you say so, as you pming Segafreak prompted him to not release DD2.

I guess he didnt give you much choice though, as he was deleting all posts which contained the link.

As for the member thing, I guess your internet detective skills are better than mine. I cannot seem to find the topic where assembler says he purged the boards but I do recall it, So I guess it was further back. I beleive those people choose not to display their activity status, hence the last time they logged on when they did is shown. But this is irrelevant to the topic at hand so Ill stop here.
Druid II

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dot50Cal wrote:
My heads not in my ass, hence me taking your claims seriously.

Coulda fooled me, given that your first point was LAUGHING OUT LOUD SONIC CULT.

Quote:
Victory? If you say so, as you pming Segafreak prompted him to not release DD2.

Which is something I very much regret. He did replied me that he -may- release it still, so people can try dissecting the game, but to not hold my breath for it.

Quote:
I guess your internet detective skills are better than mine.

I actually do research my posts.

redeye: what to fix in it? It's working fine and not stretching either.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dot50Cal wrote:

The ASSEMblergames.com message board - home of the obscure
Members: 1,323

GamerHistory Forum Index
We have 158 registered users

I took the server logs and looked at the ip addresses that had downloaded a specific image that i still have linked on assembler's site. Then i ran windiff against the log files for my logo image. There was only a 27% variance in the ip addresses. So 73% of the people who read assemblergames.com have also read gamerhistory.com.

You can verify this claim simply by posting an image to m.y site, then checking your own server logs.

People make mistakes, people do stupid things. Every time a moderator at assemblergames makes a mistake, someone goes in and deletes all the evidence. The fact that yakumo has admitted that he's deleted links to the auction several times.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 6 times, and you're hiding something. It's always nice to see a respected moderator sell something he knows is shady (that's why he didn't want it on ebay, right?) then delete any reference to it for personal reasons in order to make a profit.

But i'm sure assembler is handling everything in private to the best of his ability. Nevermind this isn't the first time someone from assembler's site has been caught selling fake protos... Assembler himself with the "second" sonic-xtreme disc that never exsisted. I'm particularly fond of assembler selling retail xboxes as devkits. Now yakumo selling a burned copy of a prototype that at the very least, he won't personally vouch for...

When i sell things, i make sure that they're legit. I don't trust some third party to tell me the disc is real, especially when it's a mislabeled burned CD-R.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: