The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 pm

Star Trek: SECRET OF VULCAN FURY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I am Christina Aguilera

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeg wrote:
I like Hit & Run.

I admit, I haven't played many of the recent-gen Simpsons games. I watched a video or two of Hit & Run on YouTube a while ago, and it looked, to me, like a bit too simplified and linear a take on the GTA formula, but probably pretty fun. In any case, I'm sure it's much better than Bart Meets Radioactive Man and its ilk.

ProgrammingAce wrote:
just hold your horses on that one...

Interesting... Excuse me while I go purchase presumably-a-360 for no particular reason.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Christina Aguilera wrote:

Interesting... Excuse me while I go purchase presumably-a-360 for no particular reason.

You'd seriously buy a 360 to play The Simpsons: The Arcade Game?
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:

If he'd just set it up on the computer, build a mame cabinet or evt. buy the original arcade version... His friends would just go meh. But if he has it on the 360, then it's okay and everyone will play. (I've seen this happen many times... It's scary)
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have friends who won't touch Rez on the PS2 or dreamcast, but can't wait for it to come out on the 360... i don't get it.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnivol wrote:
TheRedEye wrote:

If he'd just set it up on the computer, build a mame cabinet or evt. buy the original arcade version... His friends would just go meh. But if he has it on the 360, then it's okay and everyone will play. (I've seen this happen many times... It's scary)

Is it not enough to mod an original X-Box to run MAME?
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen a furious Vulcan in the Star Trek universe. It's pretty much against their nature. What kind of title is that?

-Rob
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's why it's a secret...
Wonderbutt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbudrick wrote:
I've never seen a furious Vulcan in the Star Trek universe. It's pretty much against their nature. What kind of title is that?

-Rob

Didn't Spock beat up Jim while he was in heat?
I remember Spock roughing up Bones while crashing at Marriet Hartley's ski pad too.
Let's not forget the episode where he smashes a 3D chess set on Sulu's head after he was accused of cheating.
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but those episodes don't count. Bringing up Pon farr and shit.

-Rob
rockymini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know were I can download the proto for this game. I would love to play it.
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockymini wrote:
Does anyone know were I can download the proto for this game. I would love to play it.

You haven't been paying attention. Vulcan Fury is a SECRET.

-Rob
cheerio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC betas are quite rare, most likely as they simply do not run by just clicking on an exe file. Releasing the source code would only benefit very few if at all.

Same for the Warcraft adventure, but I am still hoping Mad
Fredde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bring up an old thread and all, but the latest episode of Retronauts had a whole lot of interesting stuff about Secret of Vulcan Fur(r)y. According to the guy they interviewed, it was nowhere near complete when they pulled the plug on it (the script was only half done), but there's apparently a whole lot of audio recorded by the various actors.
pcGTW_Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the game was almost done until they scrapped all the work and decided to start over again.
UnlimitedMuffin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fredde wrote:
Sorry to bring up an old thread and all, but the latest episode of Retronauts had a whole lot of interesting stuff about Secret of Vulcan Fur(r)y. According to the guy they interviewed, it was nowhere near complete when they pulled the plug on it (the script was only half done), but there's apparently a whole lot of audio recorded by the various actors.

Interesting bit of Vulcan Fury happenings...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Trek-Secret-Vulcan-Fury-Recording-Script-/290512989358

<Unlimited_Muffin>
Greg2600

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great interview from Retronauts, I had missed that. I talked a few times via email with a 3D artist on the Vulcan Fury project about 8 years ago. This is copy/paste what he told me, which mirrors the programmer's account in that interview.

Quote:
Hey Greg,

In 1998 Interplay lost lots and lots of money and needed to cut people and projects and since Vulcan Fury was a 10 million dollar troubled project, it was the first to go. The project had about 4 different producers and each time a new one would come in they'd start over with THEIR idea of what the game should be. Right about the time the project started to come together and we were completing game elements is when they cut it. But there wasn't even a single level finished. Somewhere Interplay has all the assets for the game (which are dated at this point).

It contains probably the last performance of Deforest Kelly. In fact he was so ill that we hired Maurice Lamarche of "Pinky and the Brain" fame to mimic all of McCoy's lines, he was frighteningly good. In fact one of the funniest things I remember was him doing a Shatner impersonation that sounded better than Shatner. He then proceeded to have a whole conversation between McCoy and Kirk, it was funny stuff.

Interplay is still in financial trouble and no longer has rights to the Star Trek license. So I don't think you'll ever see any of it. I was let go at the time and in the end it turned out for the best. A large part of the Vulcan Fury team went on to work on the Emmy nominated "Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles" animated series. A lot of the animation techniques learned on Vulcan Fury were the basis for the Starship Troopers show. In fact we even pitched the idea of doing an all CGI Star Trek show of the original series cast and created a demo which was better than the animation we did for VF. But Paramount didn't go for it. Somewhere out there on the net is a bootlegged copy of the demo we did. I don't have a copy of it though.

Dorothy Fontana wrote a good story, so maybe the VF storyline will reemerge as a book or storyline for Enterprise but I highly doubt it. Hollywood is where good ideas go to die.

regards

As for that ebay auction, I'd much rather get a hold of the recorded cast. It's not even a full script anyway. Obviously the short "demo" would be nice to see found/released if possible. As the guy said, the Starship Troopers show had the same kind of animation that was in the Vulcan Fury trailers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: