Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:39 am

So, anyone want to help me dump these two games?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: So, anyone want to help me dump these two games? Reply with quote

BMF told me to come here. So uh, hi.

I'm looking for someone who might be able to dump and maybe arrange a sale of two protos I have handy. I have a Genesis NBA Live 97 proto / development cart, and an unknown EA Sports cart.

I tested the NBA Live 97 cart on my old Genesis. It works, but it tends to freeze or crash at random points; hopefully the data hasn't been damaged due to bitrot... The cart is also very heavy, so who knows what's inside that thing. I haven't been able to test that N64 cart since I don't own an N64, or know anyone with a working system locally.

I'm willing to send both to someone to have them dumped, as long as he pays for the shipping cost to him and back to me. I ship stuff from California so there's no problem with customs or anything. And if you know anyone who might want to buy these carts after the data is dumped, well, that'd be good too.

Yeah. Uh. Lemme know if you can help.

Edit: Heh. This is why I shouldn't make posts so damn late. Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Evan

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe try contacting Guru, he is the master of dumping everything.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan wrote:
Maybe try contacting Guru, he is the master of dumping everything.
Sadly, he has one hell of a dumping backlog , and he's in Australia. I was hoping to find someone who was more... local.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiddo

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest someone around Sonic/Sega Retro for the Genesis cart.

As for the other cart, it looks like an N64 one of some sort. I recently obtained a Doctor V64. I don't know much on this field so I'm not sure if that'll suffice, but I'd like to see what I can do to try to help out if it's so. That being said, I can't make any promises. I live in Pennsylvania, which I don't think is that close to Mexico, if that becomes an issue.

I could also offer the CD64 which I couldn't get to read CDs, but I wouldn't recommend that.
nensondubois

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several people over at http://www.digitpress.com/forum/ specifically, the topic Prototype Dumping Resources: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32132 may be of use to you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nensondubois wrote:
Several people over at http://www.digitpress.com/forum/ specifically, the topic Prototype Dumping Resources: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32132 may be of use to you.
Goddamnit how did I miss that thread? Ugh.

I'll just bug Flack about it. Thanks.

Kiddo:
I ship from California (I have a mailing address there). I wouldn't be able to ship this from Mexico anyway, the postal service won't let me ship anything anywhere without a purchase receipt or proof that it was made in Mexico. It's stupid.
nesworld

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id' be happy to help out with the N64 proto, I've dumped several of those, but I'm located in Denmark and I doubt you would want to ship it half way around the world.

Sadly a Doctor V64 most likely won't dump it, or any other N64 copier for that matter.

It can however be done with a GameShark Pro, an older PC and some patience Smile
Kiddo

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nesworld wrote:

Sadly a Doctor V64 most likely won't dump it, or any other N64 copier for that matter.

It can however be done with a GameShark Pro, an older PC and some patience Smile

Gameshark Pro, huh? I have one of those, but didn't think of it's ROM-dumping capabilities before...

Is there any particular reason the Doctor V64 wouldn't run this? Apologies for sounding n00bish at this.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I'm curious to know why it can't be dumped with a normal dumper as well.

Is it because of it containing data in those weird flash chips instead of regular ROM chips?
nesworld

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In most cases the Doctor V64(jr) or Z64 for that matter won't detect the flash (prototype) cartridge. I've dumped 40+ N64 protos now and only a handful could be dumped using a V64jr.

Now regarding dumping roms with a Gameshark, I've tried to describe how to do it on this page http://www.nesworld.com/n64-howtodumproms.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: