Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 am

Romancing SaGa 3 - Promotional Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Romancing SaGa 3 - Promotional Video Reply with quote

Google Video Upload Thingy

Last year, I picked up a little Romancing SaGa 3 "set", which contained the following;

1x Romancing SaGa 3 (Complete)
1x Romancing SaGa 3 - Sample ROM (Complete)
1x Romancing SaGa 3 - Promotional Video (This)
1x Romancing SaGa 3 - Limited Edition Pocket Watch (Only 1000 made)

So yeah, here's a rip of the VHS tape that came in the lot.
It's a typical store video, so I cut it short, it runs a few min of promotional footage of the game, and the tape was a total of about 50 min long, but it kept looping the same sequences over and over again, so I just did an encode of each different sequence/loop.

Enjoy :D
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Cool... Reply with quote

Thanks for the video. It's cool to see stuff from Square when they were making more then Final Fantasy spin-offs.
treeman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the video in a downloadabe format?

What does the pocket watch look like?
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be able to strip out the FLV stream from Google Video somehow, I suppose.

Reason I haven't put up a hi-res for download is because I'm still not too happy with my encodes, so 'til I can "perfectionize" my encodes, that'll have to do.

Right now I'm stuck 1/4 of the globe away from my home, so I can't really get around to toying around with the encoding stuff for another couple of months (same applies to a few other rather unique and awesome surprise tapes that should be standing in a nice pile waiting for me at home, ready to be unleashed upon the world :D)

As for pictures of the watch, I posted some over here
treeman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That watch is SOOO sweet. I'm recently going through a Romancing Sa-Ga trip over the last few weeks, so this is just awesome. I recently picked up an oversized Romancing Sa-Ga 3 1996 Calendar, brand new in it's original box, that and the Romancing Sa-Ga 3 Prologue and Sample game (with the box, manual and cart.) I even bought a retailer box of Romancing Sa-Ga 3, it comes with 12 unopened Romancing Sa-Ga 3 games, all in the boxes and in MINT condition.

What's the big book?
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big book?

Thinking about the casing for the promotional VHS tape ?

I've got some other SquareSoft oddities around too, such as a set of Bahamut Lagoon stickers and a Gun Hazard poster.

But yeah, as soon as I find myself a new deinterlacer and done some refining of both my encoding settings and the picture restoration settings, I'll be uploading to my new server a hi-res copy of the video (will probably split the encodes up in each individual part)
treeman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big book on the bottom left of the picture, it could be the VHS case.

I'm interested in Bahamut Lagoon stickers, so whenever you upload everything, please post here. Youtube and google video quality are something that would have been acceptable a decade ago, but by today's standards are so horrible that it blows my mind how popular they are. Youtube being the bigger offender, reminding me of old school RealPlayer in so many ways. Then again there's no reason to even use quicktime format, yet it's still as popular as it ever was.

Where do you usually get these things? eBay can't be your only source.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The big book on the bottom left of the picture, it could be the VHS case.

Quote:
Youtube being the bigger offender, reminding me of old school RealPlayer in so many ways.

Well, actually, it's not youtube itself that's the biggest "offender", it's actually the users that run their clips through Windows Movie Maker and other programs to "compress" their videos before uploading them to Youtube.

Anyway, I think youtube is doing what I've tried testing on my server now, to make bitrate settings match the low-end DSL user's max downstream. (Making sure a video will "stream/play" at about 30~35kb/s)

The end result on some of the stuff I've put up on Youtube and Google Video looks pretty good when compared to the original VHS. Only because I don't mind uploading like a 60mb x264 encode file for 3 min of footage.

(Though, as for my new server, I'll be having stream + raw, but I'm not putting certain things up 'til I've got encodes I'm happy with + evt. translations and such done <- People are gonna hate me for that, right? Even though there'll be "clean" versions available too)

Quote:
Where do you usually get these things? eBay can't be your only source.

I usually just buy lots/sets of stuff from random collectors + bid on various local auction sites (often using of a bidding service; which ofcourse can create shipping delays when you suddenly end up piling up up to hundreds of auctions worth of crap)
treeman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>>"compress" their videos before uploading them to Youtube.

Man, that's horrible. It actually never occured to me that people would do that. With all this recent focus on HD TV and Cable, you'd figure people would do the same thing online, instead they are doing to opposite. Granted the people online aren't making any money from their video quailty...

I found your collection of all the Square Collector's Editions for the PS1 interesting. I used to have the Final Fantasy Tactics one, which had to sell when moving. What makes your collection interesting was your comment on it, you said that you are not a Square Fanboy, but you like to collect limited edition things. LAUGHING OUT LOUD, that's kinda funny cause I used to do the same thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: