Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 pm

RIP Fallout 3 and Black Isle Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ancient Oldie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: RIP Fallout 3 and Black Isle Studios Reply with quote

GameSpot article

I found out about this a couple of days ago at NMA. Those stupid corporate fucks at Interplay shot down one of the most highly anticipated RPG's for the PC and fired everyone at Black Isle Studios. Yet they're already planning a sequel to FO: POS (I know it's Brotherhood of Steel, but the acronym stands for something more fitting) when the first one still hasn't been released for the consoles yet.

I seriously can't believe a company can be so unbelievably retarded as to dismantle one of their most talented divisions, which has produced nearly all of their best selling games, so that they can focus on console games. What's even funnier is that their best-selling games for the console were made by BIS also.

Boycott I say. I sure as hell am not buying any more of their games. My hopes are that Interplay goes bankupt so that they can sell off there Fallout franchise to a company that will actually start developing quality games under the Fallout name instead of sh!t like FO:POS. There are a number of quality developers out there that deserve it more than Intercrap does.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you happen to catch the early screenshots? It looked like more of the same, which is probably a good thing. I've never invested the time necessary to fully appreciate Fallout, but I know many who have, so this news pissed me off too.
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've always heard good things about Fallout, although I tend to avoid PC games...

BG:DA was really fun as well, at least they finished the sequel before Dunderplay shut them down.
bleusilences

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's [retty easy to boycott interplay rigth now, they dont even announce plan for new games.
Ancient Oldie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're about to go totally bankrupt any day now.

They might have even lost the rights to all their D&D games, which is rather ironic, considering that they gave up on BIS and PC games to pursue said console strategy, only to end up losing the rights to DA and all their remaining profit-makers.

They might be around for another 2 months at best...
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Interplay announced "Fallout 3" at their last press conference. It's being developed by an "outside studio," and that's all they'll say, despite my persistent phone calls.

I really ought to post something on the front page...
bleusilences

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is 2 fact i know anout interplay, the compagnie negam to slide after sacrifice, and there last good game where Icewindale 2.
Sardius
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleusilences wrote:
There is 2 fact i know anout interplay, the compagnie negam to slide after sacrifice, and there last good game where Icewindale 2.

...wow
bleusilences

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok my mr obvious, sorry but I had to let it go.
Ancient Oldie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
By the way, Interplay announced "Fallout 3" at their last press conference. It's being developed by an "outside studio," and that's all they'll say, despite my persistent phone calls.

I really ought to post something on the front page...

I heard. They probably said that to prevent a mad selling frenzy of their stocks. It's more likely that Caen is trying to find a buyer for Interplay, or at least its assets, like Fallout, than to outsource it to another studio. They didn't have enough money to pay the rent a month back, or to even pay their employees. Plus, if the rumor of their D&D licenses is true, no one is going to want to invest in them. I really doubt they can afford the time to outsource Fallout.

I'n surprised they still have people answering the phones. Did you speak to Herve himself? :D
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient Oldie wrote:
I'n surprised they still have people answering the phones. Did you speak to Herve himself? :D

No, it was a receptionist girl. She sounded pretty cute. Go ahead and call. Hell, all of you call! I want an army of unreleased game whores bothering the Interplay receptionist and asking what she's wearing, with an occasional mention of Fallout 3.

(949)553-6655
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: