Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

Licence To Kill NES
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_bag_of_sand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the pic 007. Very awesome recreation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
neomerge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

007 wrote:
Hey, thanks.

Tengen was the company who was going to release the game. If you go to http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewarpzone/tengen.html you can see a very small image of the game box. That's what I used as reference for the pic.

Wow great job! Looks identical!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wheelbrain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for reviving this thread - I'd add my knowledge of the unreleased NES version of License to Kill. I interviewed Simon Nicol (and other License to Kill developers) several years ago to inquire about its development.

Multiple stories exist regarding the game's non-release. Commodore 64 programmer Chris West, reported it wasn't released because Domark felt too much time passed since the film and game's original release. (Simon Nicol reported developing the game in 1989; however, contemporary magazines mention a NES port in 1992-era issues.) He reported it wasn't released because Tengen disliked the game design - which is odd - I believe game play design remained identical to other versions.

Nicol retained his source disks, which included a complete version of License to Kill, but declined my requests to make it available (responding "no chance" to my inquiry to transfer the game files). I didn't push it any further.

If people have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
Greg2600

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the story. Would have been nice to have the game released, I'm a Bond fan and would have liked to try it. Although The Duel on Genesis is not very good, but The Stealth Affair graphical adventure wasn't bad.

The Spy Who Love Me was released one year after the License to Kill computer versions, and looks very similar. Wonder if they reused the code on that one?
Doommaster1994

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember asking the programmer if he had the source code but he said that he no longer has it anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: