Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:26 am

More unreleased games???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Castlevania4ever

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: More unreleased games??? Reply with quote

Found these but I am not sure about these if these were released:

Beach Volley - Taito (gameboy)
Irem Cycle Grand Prix - Irem (gameboy)
Cross Fire - Hal (nes ntsc)
Crackout - Palcom (nes ntsc)
Sunman - Sunsoft (nes pal)

Also found many pal versions of us only nes and snes games.
handofg0d

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beach Volley was not released - similar titles like Malibu Beach Volley, and World Beach Volley, but neither of those were Taito. There was also a Technos Kunio title but again, not Taito.

Irem Cycle Grand Prix - same story, lots of "Grand Prix" titles, none by Irem (for GB)

Cross Fire - Japanese only

Crackout - European only

Sunman - never released, LostLevels released the ROM a few years ago. I would love to compare this to see if it's a different build.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dumped US protos of both Crackout and Cross Fire a good while back. I released both on my old personal site. The Cross Fire dump was different from the Fami version, but none of us could find any gameplay differences. The only change in Crackout was an internal build date that had no impact on the gameplay. The game itself was identical to the PAL version. It even had the PAL timing intact, despite being a US proto. Both roms are in GoodNES, if you want to try them.

I saw a several months ago that some guy at Nes World had found another copy of Sunman. I dunno if that's where you got your copy, Castlevania4ever, but based on the screenshots and cartridge scans he posted, his looked a lot like the same build that we dumped.
JimmyJam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrybe wrote:
We dumped US protos of both Crackout and Cross Fire a good while back. I released both on my old personal site. The Cross Fire dump was different from the Fami version, but none of us could find any gameplay differences. The only change in Crackout was an internal build date that had no impact on the gameplay. The game itself was identical to the PAL version. It even had the PAL timing intact, despite being a US proto. Both roms are in GoodNES, if you want to try them.

I saw a several months ago that some guy at Nes World had found another copy of Sunman. I dunno if that's where you got your copy, Castlevania4ever, but based on the screenshots and cartridge scans he posted, his looked a lot like the same build that we dumped.

Where could one find the US Proto dump of Cross Fire and Crackout? I cant find them =( Thanks!
PlayStationMuseum
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is crackout and crossfire??
KingMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crackout is an NES Breakout/Arkanoid ripoff released by Konami in PAL regions only (port of some FDS game I forget the name of).
Crossfire is a sidescroller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: