Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:36 am

Good mobile games for your cell phone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retrogamer64

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Good mobile games for your cell phone? Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, but does anyone download and play games for the mobile phone? I noticed my phone just got in Super Adventure Island so I bought it yesterday. I love retro games. The game sucks. I feel like I was ripped off. It's totally unplayable. Are there any good games on the mobile phone? Or should I stick with retro games like Pac-man? (I downloaded Bejeweled and I can't get enough of it, but Alpha Wing 2 is boring and Arkanoid is too small to play).

Thank you for any opinions.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on your phone, i always liked lumines. Prince of persia and Rayman are also fairly descent, if somewhat older, java games.
Retrogamer64

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
Depending on your phone, i always liked lumines. Prince of persia and Rayman are also fairly descent, if somewhat older, java games.

Thanx for your response. I have seen lumines but my service (Virgin Mobile) wants to charge me per month for lumines I think. I will look in on POP and Rayman though! Are there any mobile devoted websites for this info? The Virgin website doesn't show screenshots.
Pullmyfinger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanx for your response. I have seen lumines but my service (Virgin Mobile) wants to charge me per month for lumines I think. I will look in on POP and Rayman though! Are there any mobile devoted websites for this info? The Virgin website doesn't show screenshots.

You could check the developer's sites like EA and Gameloft, they'll have screenshots, although usually for the best versions and not the virgin versions.

Protip: If you are looking for games more than a year old, don't bother with virgin, they used to limit JAR size for most games to 100k on small phones and 150k on bigger phones and request licensing and leaderboard features that amount to ~25k. So you'd be playing an even more watered down version of what you want to play.
RahanAkero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's available for your type of phone, but Capcom released Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for mobile phones somewhat recently... if you don't have a DS/just don't have the game, I reccomend it.
Retrogamer64

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sucks Virgin limits you to just download games from them. At least that's what I read. How else can I get games? Virgin's games are very selective and I didn't see that Ace Attorney game yet. Now that I'm getting into mobile games, I could see myself wanting an Ngage (if they still made them).

thank you for your help.
Pullmyfinger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set up a simple web page in geocities or something with a jad and a jar file, open the web browser and download the jad (which needs to have the URL for the JAR) and it will ask you if you want to install and download the JAR, this also lets you bypass virgin's JAR size limit (but not your phone's) as long as the connection doesn't get interrupted.

There are many games available for free, I remember there was a homebrew zelda remake that was looking pretty good.

Edit: Check it out here
Retrogamer64

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pullmyfinger wrote:
You can set up a simple web page in geocities or something with a jad and a jar file, open the web browser and download the jad (which needs to have the URL for the JAR) and it will ask you if you want to install and download the JAR, this also lets you bypass virgin's JAR size limit (but not your phone's) as long as the connection doesn't get interrupted.

There are many games available for free, I remember there was a homebrew zelda remake that was looking pretty good.

Edit: Check it out here

Wow! I bet I need to order a cable to connect the PC to the phone. It's a Kyocera phone. But Zelda on the phone!! This is wicked. Thank you so much for the information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: