Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 pm

So, next gen Bionic Commando...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_bag_of_sand

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: So, next gen Bionic Commando... Reply with quote

Earlier last week Capcom announced that they would be droping a megaton bomb in the gaming world. They had this countdown up on their site. Before the countdown even ended (still has a day left) Gamespot announced a new Bionic Commando.

Screens:

So what do you think? Will Bionic Commando work in 3D? Should they have resurrected such an old franchise?

I'm pretty excited. I've played the NES one a few times, I think its a cool idea using the grapple hook to swing too and from ledges, and I'm glad Capcom actually wants to bring this franchise back. They didn't even acknowledge Bionic Commando guy in the Capcom vs. fighting games even though he would of been an awesome assist swinging in and damaging your opponent.

Gamespot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quake 2 called, they want their brown color palate back.

Actually, quake 2 is a pretty good indicator if the grapple will work in 3D. I'm sure many of you played that game with the grapple mod. That turned out to be a lot of fun back in the day, if Capcom feels like spending the time on this game, it might turn out to be pretty good.

Mind you, this is the same publisher who closed the doors on Clover, so I try not to expect a lot of originality out of them (the megaman series doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me either).
handofg0d

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I don't get to fight Hitler at the end of this I'm going to be so pissed.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this looks perfectly awesome (I could go nitpick, but that would probably just make people follow and get distracted from the awesome fact that Capcom somehow noticed they still had the holy name Bionic Commando)
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I hope the whole game isn't that dark. Looks Like Bionic Commando Prime or some shit. I remembered the NES BC as being pretty bright in most parts.

Gimme a 2d BC any day.

-Rob
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

handofg0d wrote:
If I don't get to fight Hitler at the end of this I'm going to be so pissed.

Psh, resurrect Hitler again? He's totally going to blow up bin Laden this time.
neomerge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbudrick wrote:
Damn, I hope the whole game isn't that dark. Looks Like Bionic Commando Prime or some shit. I remembered the NES BC as being pretty bright in most parts.

Gimme a 2d BC any day.

-Rob

Well they are re-doing the original for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Source
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_bag_of_sand

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official site is up, they got a few new screens and starting October 30th they are going to have a podcast.

http://www.bioniccommando.com/en
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bionic Command for the NES is probably my favorite game ever, I still play it all the time.

I tend to hate 3d stuff; the only 3d game I've ever played that I felt got everything right was GTA, so I'm probably pretty narrow minded there. I also don't own a ps3 or a 360 yet.

If I wasn't already going to be buying one of those systems for GTA IV, I would be for this. Even if the game sucks, even if it gets the worst reviews ever, by GOD I will be getting this game.

Also, neomerge, I don't think that link you provided is talking about a remake, it's talking about the same thing - new Bionic Command game.
neomerge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:
Bionic Command for the NES is probably my favorite game ever, I still play it all the time.

I tend to hate 3d stuff; the only 3d game I've ever played that I felt got everything right was GTA, so I'm probably pretty narrow minded there. I also don't own a ps3 or a 360 yet.

If I wasn't already going to be buying one of those systems for GTA IV, I would be for this. Even if the game sucks, even if it gets the worst reviews ever, by GOD I will be getting this game.

Also, neomerge, I don't think that link you provided is talking about a remake, it's talking about the same thing - new Bionic Command game.

Oh my bad I read it wrong. I was under the assumption there was also going to be a remake of the original sort of like the Prince of Persia remake.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neomerge wrote:
Oh my bad I read it wrong. I was under the assumption there was also going to be a remake of the original sort of like the Prince of Persia remake.

If they were, I'd buy that too.
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I'm not overly fond of is they're trying too hard to make the main character seem cool by making him a convict. (He had to be transported without his bionic arm or he would've killed all his captors. Dude, awsome! $%@!!)

Otherwise its very early, I have some hope this'll be alright. Just as long as it doesn't fall on its face the way Final Fight Streetwise did.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game boy bionic commando games were pretty awesome, I think I like the black and white one better than the NES original.
shawnphase

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, they really kept this one from me, and pretty much everyone it seemed. the screens are making it look pretty good...though we know what they did to rygar. way too much brown here as was said as well.. all in all, i definately cannot wait to play this one.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
though we know what they did to rygar

They somehow made it awesome.
Not that the NES one wasn't a classic, but it was never really a great game. The one on the PS2, although not perfect, was pretty darned awesome (And I'm somewhat looking forward to the Wii remake-ish thingy they're doing of it now)

Quote:
The game boy bionic commando games were pretty awesome, I think I like the black and white one better than the NES original.

Some of the areas in the old B&W game are pretty awesome (I shall prey for equally awesome 3D versions of the airship/spaceship ones in the new game + alternate outfits).
Too bad there's been no remake of the GB game or evt. a colorized version of it. The main char design in that game was pretty awesome too.

I didn't like the GBC game that much, but it had some pretty sweet graphics.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:

The Game Boy one was good, and the ability to pull yourself up, drop, and swing again in midair before hitting the ground again definitely changed a lot of ideas for getting through areas.

But the GBC game? That game fucking sucked.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeg wrote:
But the GBC game? That game fucking sucked.

It wasn't that bad! I hated the characters, and how they chose fluid animation over twitchy play, but other than that it was fine.
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnivol wrote:
Quote:
though we know what they did to rygar

They somehow made it awesome.
Not that the NES one wasn't a classic, but it was never really a great game. The one on the PS2, although not perfect, was pretty darned awesome (And I'm somewhat looking forward to the Wii remake-ish thingy they're doing of it now)

Quote:

Some of the areas in the old B&W game are pretty awesome (I shall prey for equally awesome 3D versions of the airship/spaceship ones in the new game + alternate outfits).
Too bad there's been no remake of the GB game or evt. a colorized version of it. The main char design in that game was pretty awesome too.

I didn't like the GBC game that much, but it had some pretty sweet graphics.

Correction-Rygar for NES was fucking AWESOME.

-Rob
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbudrick wrote:
Correction-Rygar for NES was fucking AWESOME.

-Rob

Seriously.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had friends visiting last time I played Rygar on NES.
Most of all, to them, it probably felt like I was doing some sort of disgusting party trick.

-Guys, look at me! I'm playing through Rygar!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: