Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 pm

I think I've seen too many protos, pirates and bad romhacks.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingMike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: I think I've seen too many protos, pirates and bad romhacks. Reply with quote

Last night, I had this strange dream.
Some how a Genesis and proto of the original Sonic just magically appeared in my collection.
But it wasn't just any proto. For some reason, it was a Genesis cart in a Famicom-like shell, and they actually engraved "Sonic the Hedgehog Prototype" in the plastic.
And for some reason the attract mode played Megaman X music (Spark Mandrill's level, I think). (is a perfect rendition even within the Genesis' audio capabilities?)

There were so many things wrong I just had to laugh about it after I woke up, and post about it.
That's probably an even worse crossover than that Rockman 5 pirate that was a hack of Darkwing Duck.

Still love this one where I got ice-beamed by a SA-X/R2-D2 hybrid.
(R2-D2, except he's orange, and after he rolls along and does the head-turning thing with sound effect, he fires ice missiles)
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have far too many dreams involving prototypes or extremely rare games. The worst part is at the very end, when I realize I'm just dreaming and the cart is going to dissolve in my hands any minute. Sad
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only unreleased game dream I've had that I can remember is finding a prototype of a Wisdom Tree sequel, Noah's Ark 2. The cover had Noah riding a skateboard, and I didn't buy it because I figured it was probably just Menace Beach again.
drx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've had two dreams involving prototypes. One was a night before I got the Sonic 2 Alpha (the dream was about Sonic 2 too)
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
The only unreleased game dream I've had that I can remember is finding a prototype of a Wisdom Tree sequel, Noah's Ark 2. The cover had Noah riding a skateboard, and I didn't buy it because I figured it was probably just Menace Beach again.

That sounds like a dream I'd like to visit using that dream machine thingy from that movie The Cell.
LocalH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drx wrote:
I think I've had two dreams involving prototypes. One was a night before I got the Sonic 2 Alpha (the dream was about Sonic 2 too)

Long, long before you tracked that proto down, I had dreams occasionally about finding it. This was long before Simon left so I also dreamt about opening "LocalH's Nick Arcade Sonic 2 Alpha Site" Shocked
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF, guys!? You shoulda backed those damn ROMS up.

-Rob
Sardius
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I dreamed that Montgomery Ward's was selling like 30 copies of Mole Mania for the Game Boy, and I wanted to buy them all but couldn't since I remembered that I had no money in my bank account. Just like in real life!

Then I dreamed a few months ago that I kept finding all of these weird prototypes at Sears in full retail boxes, but they'd keep changing before I could buy them. It was like, "All right, Arkista's Ring 2!" And then I'd take it up to the counter and look at the box again and it would be Madden NFL 2002 for the PS2.
neomerge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a dream I found a NES Jnco skateboarding game at a video rental store for sale. I had this dream way after Nes was off of store shelves. No game of this exists but doing a quick search on wikipedia they were atleast around in 1985! I had this dream when I was like in 4th or 5th grade when Jnco jeans were a big deal and I had just gotten a pair. In that same dream there was another game I saw but I can't remember what it was.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone who wore those in my school was either a wannabe thug or an enormous prick with lots of money.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMF54123 wrote:
Everyone who wore those in my school was...a wannabe thug

QFT, +1, and all that.
neomerge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMF54123 wrote:
Everyone who wore those in my school was either a wannabe thug or an enormous prick with lots of money.

I was neither and got them on sale.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream once where we were all playing a game on lost levels. The goal was to post to a thread exactly 16 months after the previous post.

I swear i'm not making this up... I remember this being a big deal in my dream.
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had some crazy videogame dreams. When I was a kid, I dreamed I went adventuring with Link once. More recently, I've had some proto/rare game dreams.

Within the last couple of years, I had this dream that I was in a video store. It was vaguely similar to one from my childhood, but arranged differently, with faux woodgrain walls and shelving. They still had NES games, and some of them were games I had never heard of. I remember at least one of them was a prototype Mega Man game! As I looked at the cases, I became ecstatic... until I woke up. Razz

My favorite, though, is the Metroid dream, because it was so surreal. This one was from late teenage years or so. In the dream, I went into a Kroger. It was really eerie inside- pitch black, except for some blue lighting on the walls. Light panels and neon... very sci-fi. There was knee-high fog everywhere too. It didn't seem like there was anyone else inside but me. I went to the videogame section (I know, Kroger doesn't sell games, but it made sense in the dream) to look for SNES games. When I got there, I found an amazing new SNES! It was very intricate... the back casing was made with a jet-black, bumpy rock texture, and the top of the SNES featured a full-color relief of Samus Aran crouched down, holding her gun arm outward as though she was ready to fire. The cartridge port was overlaid onto the end of her gun. I remember thinking how AWESOME it was, and glancing around for someone to ring me up, and then the dream ended.
neomerge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
I had a dream once where we were all playing a game on lost levels. The goal was to post to a thread exactly 16 months after the previous post.

I swear i'm not making this up... I remember this being a big deal in my dream.

I believe PlaystationMuseum won that game.

Richter Belmont wrote:

In the dream, I went into a Kroger. (I know, Kroger doesn't sell games, but it made sense in the dream) .

My Kroger used to actually sell video games. They had a Kroger Video store where you could rent movies and video games. At one time they were getting rid of all their old games and I snagged Firehawk for Nes (I believe I had rented that exact same copy their on one occasion.) It came in a great condition box with a poster and everything. I always thought it was weird how this game had a switch on the back of it. I believe it was so it could work on multiple models of the Nes. I used to have the poster hanging up in my room and once I remember my sister drew mustaches on the guys in the poster. I think I may have gotten mad and taken it down. I have no clue where it is anymore. Though I probably traded the game into Funcoland.

Another time Kroger video had a deal where you could rent 3 sega genesis games for a week for onlye like $5. I loved that place. Eventually blockbusters bought out the Kroger Video and set up shop in the Kroger. Now the Blockbusters is a few blocks down at a McDonalds weirdly enough.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neomerge wrote:
I believe PlaystationMuseum won that game.

Hah, nice.

Richter Belmont wrote:
My favorite, though, is the Metroid dream, because it was so surreal.

Damn you and your cool dreams. I always dream about the dumbest, most mundane things. In the last dream I really clearly remember, I was at the local Qdoba. I waited in line, ordered a burrito, ate it, then I woke up.
handofg0d

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrybe wrote:
In the last dream I really clearly remember, I was at the local Qdoba. I waited in line, ordered a burrito, ate it, then I woke up.

Are you sure it was a dream? Maybe The Matrix has you!
Deadguy2322

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

handofg0d wrote:
Skrybe wrote:
In the last dream I really clearly remember, I was at the local Qdoba. I waited in line, ordered a burrito, ate it, then I woke up.

The matrix is telling him it's a turkey burrito!
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadguy2322 wrote:
handofg0d wrote:
Skrybe wrote:

The matrix is telling him it's a turkey burrito!

Maybe thats why it tastes like chicken...
neomerge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other night I had a dream I went to a gas station and they had like 3 or 4 NEW sega saturn games. It was like a special promotion from Sega where they were re-releasing old titles. They had one new game and it was a port of Mario Kart Double Dash. It was only like $5 and I was going to get it but I only had enough money to pay for gas. For some reason I decided to wait there with the game until my mom got worried and came in to look for me. I guess I figured that this game was to rare to go back to the car to ask to borrow money. I don't remember the other games they had but i think one of them was like $40.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: