Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 am

K-Project (Rez Beta) Dumped
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
handsome_rob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what settings should I use to have this work in Alochol 120%? I tried a few different settings and it wouldn't work! I am using a Japanese dreamcast so I don't know if that makes a difference, but i'll have to wait to try it on an NA dreamcast
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CDI file keeps crashing out disc juggler, is it possible to put this into a format that sucks less?
CheesecakeRecipe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
The CDI file keeps crashing out disc juggler, is it possible to put this into a format that sucks less?

I've always had problems with Disc Mangler. I tried that, MagicISO, and Alcohol 120% on my system. I finally got a good version to burn with Alcohol using 8x speed and disabling Buffer Underrun. I hope that helps.

In the meantime I made a video on youtube walking through some of the developer tools stuff. I also discovered that one of the Fkeys frees the camera, while another actually stops your character movement, and possibly the whole level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BcGNjdwAC0
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
What I do when I get Dreamcast images is run Alcohol 120%, mount it on a virtual drive, then make a backup of -that- using Nero. Then I burn it using Nero. It always works for me.

I haven't tried it with this game yet, though. Lack of CDRs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
handofg0d

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I wasn't really happy with all the bullshit you have to go through to burn this on a Mac. So, I turned to google, and I found a kickass freeware disc burning utility for OS X called LiquidCD. It supports all kinds of formats, including CDI, so I was able to burn the disc without all the hassle of ripping the CDI contents and making a more common disc image format. Anyone who is using a Mac, I recommend it.

Link: http://www.maconnect.ch/index.php?page=liquidcd&lang=en
The_Other_One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI... It burns just fine using Alcohol 120% on TAO at 16x. It runs without a hitch on my actual console. I did need to drag out my keyboard converter thingy though because once the game booted a console popped up and took over about half the screen. Pretty cool actually. Quite a few similarities and differences.

I guess I could do videos if anyone's curious...though I rather suck at the game Rolling Eyes
The_Other_One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o8vrZ1CH4g

Letting it play through Stage 4 by itself. It beat the boss a bit sooner than I expected Embarassed
m0dul4r

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody, first time poster here.

This contains information about what programs to use, or at least what worked for me.

My system is a stock Dell Dimension 5150. (I know, they suck, but I'm poor, it works for me. Very, very slowly.)

Just letting everyone know that it DOES in fact work with Alcohol120. I unchecked the buffer underrun box and set burn speed to 8x (I suggest lower if your burner supports it).

DiscJuggler frags out with a C++ error or some shit for me, so you might want to stay away from that.

Converting CDI to NRG doesn't work, either. After it burns the dummy file, Nero goes crazy. (nero 6 anyways)

In ISOBuster (had it lying around, thought it might help) converting the cdi to an iso fails.

I am having a little difficulty with the damn debug screens, though. I don't have a second controller, I got my system off of a friend, so will unplugging controller A and plugging it in B work?

Also, I just now found my capture card. It's one of those shitty Adaptec GameBridge things you pick up at Fry's for $20, but it is a cap card nonetheless. As soon as I dick around with the game some more, I'll post some vids.

Hope that helped. I'll be back on tomorrow, so tell me if that helped.
m0dul4r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be careful playing - I got to area 5 and it froze after two layer level thingies.
LastEpoch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I download the RAR Files and extracted them, the CDI came out to 769 MB. Isn't the size of a CD 700MB? I tried to burn it using Alcohol, but my Dreamcast won't read it.
Deadguy2322

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LastEpoch wrote:
When I download the RAR Files and extracted them, the CDI came out to 769 MB. Isn't the size of a CD 700MB? I tried to burn it using Alcohol, but my Dreamcast won't read it.

70 minute cd-r discs are 800mb
Jurai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you mean 80min cd-r's are 700mb?
LastEpoch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, CD-R's are 80-minutes, with 700MB. So, I don't understand how a 769 MB CDI file is supposed to fit on a standard CD-R. Yet from what I gathered here, no one seemed to have a problem. Is there something I'm missing?
Pullmyfinger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is very common with dreamcast images, don't worry
LastEpoch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, did I burn an incomplete image? Or will it do fine that way? I've burned it 3 times, and my Dreamcast won't read any of the 3 discs.
Deadguy2322

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jurai wrote:
I think you mean 80min cd-r's are 700mb?

Yeah. I was multi-tasking when I posted that.
Tamashii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I'm first poster here also.
I'm willing to compile a list of every possible action that could be made on Vibes thru menus, the console and whatsoever.
This could help to boast a lot of information regarding Rez (full release), like the position of the system variables and, why not, possible modifications to the game.

First, I'm declaring whatsoever that I'm not going to do any hacking (so far) on the game released, beyond the possibilities available in the released beta.

Second, I did burn it with DiscJuggler, no C++ thingy messages or anything else. I'm using DiscJuggler v4.01. To make sure the burning process went smooth I burned it first into a CD-RW media, and tested in Chankast and nullDC.

Third, this release is amazing!! I'm glad this beta got leaked. I'm going to experiment with very option available in the menus, however, don't expect any updates very soon, as I can get pretty busy, pretty easily.
giacomo.c

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so does this mean user-created levels?
giacomo.c

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, and for the linux users out there, i got boot dreams to work under wine 1.1.0 (or whatever is the latest wine version on the aptitude). after choosing the image to burn, it looks like it freezes, but let it run, and out pops a bootable cd.

hope that helps other elitist such as myself.
pascarella

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

giacomo.c wrote:
oh, and for the linux users out there, i got boot dreams to work under wine 1.1.0 (or whatever is the latest wine version on the aptitude). after choosing the image to burn, it looks like it freezes, but let it run, and out pops a bootable cd.

hope that helps other elitist such as myself.

eyyy giacomo, grazie mille Wink

ci sono altre elitarista qua!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: