Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

DBZ Polygonal "Game" for SATURN??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kami Sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: DBZ Polygonal "Game" for SATURN?? Reply with quote

Hello everybody, my name's Anderson and I'm new here. I'm from Brazil, a redoubt of the most diverse illegal products and obscure and unknown retro-games. Like you, I'm also a retro-games fan, still more if they have fantastic stories, like prototypes and betas.

However, I'm here to finish some doubts about a few strange images I gather in the web in relation to another thing that I'm fan: DragonBall.

This image was gathered in the respected japanese site PC Watch ( http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/article/970321/game.htm ), published in 1997, near the publication of Final Bout. However, for that I understood, this image was in a SATURN! And for my knowledge, doesn't has a game that simulates polygon characters of DBZ in the SATURN!

If somebody, fan of the series, or fan of this type of subject, to know of something, has stories in old magazines of games or will be interested in thinking or to discover, I'd be grateful.

I thank the attention.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea, but were I to hazard a guess, I'd say it's not a game as much as a tech demo for the motion-capture stuff the guy is wearing.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the article mentions that the game was being made for Saturn and PlayStation. Bandai probably planned a Saturn port like they did with Ultimate Battle 22 and DBZ Legends, but never got around to doing it.

Many developers often planned Saturn versions of their PS games, but some never got around to make them., such as the Saturn version of RE2 (which led to the creation of Code: Veronica in it's place).
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good.

One less shitty DBZ game in the world.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ManekiNeko
FURRY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But there are SO MANY others... :x

JR
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... I haven't played DB:GT in years, but that screenshot looks consistent with what I remember of how it looked. Probably just an early demo of a Saturn version.

The guy controlling the character with his body movements though... craziness. That would have been fun to see in action. I should email Bandai to see when they're coming out with the DBZ Super Saiyan Motion Controller. Y'know, so I can snag a copy before Nintendo buys the rights, rereleases it under a different name, and the Bandai peripheral and games become ultra rare and obscure.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter Belmont wrote:
Probably just an early demo of a Saturn version.

Nope. Like I said, it's from the PlayStation version.
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Undaunted wrote:

Nope. Like I said, it's from the PlayStation version.

Could very well be, but since the console isn't shown in the picture, it's difficult to know for sure. Unless, of course, the article implicitly says it's the PSX version. I can't read kanji, so I don't know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: