Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 pm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcGTW_Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

(removed)

Last edited by pcGTW_Webmaster on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
pcGTW_Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(removed)

Last edited by pcGTW_Webmaster on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
neomerge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The graphics actually surprised me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Man From P.O.O.T.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see Iron and Blood's up there now, it's leaps and bounds above the PS1 version. Hell, it's damn exciting to finally see any games running on actual M2 hardware other than than Battle Tryst and Polystars.

Excellent work! Keep 'em coming!
Evan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing screenshots of IMSA Racing in an old Gamepro magazine. It looks like the M2 had some potential for good graphics (for the time), but with the competition that was out there, it wouldn't have stood a chance.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still reasonably confident that there is software out there to be had for the M2. I think it's just a matter of getting the people who have the hardware together with the people who have the software.

How many working "retail" M2's are out there these days? I haven't heard much about them in a while.
Benjo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: M2 protos Reply with quote

The M2 never made it to retail.

This is a pretty interesting article on it:

http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/unreleased/m2.htm

Especially the part about the guy that got fired when it never came out and sent to a fish cannery in South America.
pcGTW_Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The M2 never made it to retail.

Laughing
If there's something that EVERYONE knows about the M2, then that it never made it to retail. Well, that's not fully correct, actually. The FZ-21S *was* released in 1998 (with no modifications to the hardware), but as a media player, not as a gaming system. And there were kiosk units (FZ-35s and FZ-55), the arcade system, etc.

The site you linked to isn't worth mentioning. It's rigged together from *very* old information, most of them are outdated (read what the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph says about 3DO; 3DO is dead since May 2003!) or were proven wrong long time ago. And what he added himself is purely from his imagination. No piece of M2 hardware ever sold for US$ 10,000...

Last edited by pcGTW_Webmaster on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Benjo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Brilliant Reply with quote

Wow! Way to go pcGTW_Webmaster!! You totally schooled me, old school!! A guy asked about people who had "retail" M2's and I told him what I knew...which happened to be less than you.

Big Props.
AirRaid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3DO M2 would have easily been the most powerful console of its generation. M2 was much better than the PS1, and also slightly to somewhat more powerful than the Nintendo 64 and 3DFX Voodoo1 PC cards. With that said, going by the gameplay footage, M2 was not even close to the level of 3D horsepower that Dreamcast had. So if M2 launched in 1997, it would've soon been eclipsed by Dreamcast and stronger PC cards in 1998-1999.

The was another piece of 3DO hardware that was better, the MX. The MX was basicly like M2 on steroids, and in 1997, Nintendo almost used a reworked version of MX as the basis for a successor to N64, before they embarked on developing the Dolphin (GameCube) in 1998-1999.

Microsoft ended up buying MX and CagEnt (3DO Systems) in 1998, putting them to work within the WebTV division. The engineers that worked on M2 and MX ended up helping with the Xbox 360, after failing to convince Microsoft to make their own custom graphics chip for the original Xbox1 (Nvidia won that deal).
pcGTW_Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(removed)

Last edited by pcGTW_Webmaster on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: 3DO M2 - In-game footage Reply with quote

pcGTW_Webmaster wrote:
D no Shokutaku 2 (D2):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bZaJsjf6P_k

IMSA Racing:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LdujBv7ZG48

More to come. Enjoy! :D

awesome. love the watermark. really sets off the mood for fame +1
pcGTW_Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PACHUKA wrote:
awesome. love the watermark. really sets off the mood for fame +1

Shut up if you have nothing to say. GTW-exclusive stuff is and will always be watermarked with a link to our website when published. No one cares whether you like it or not. But you don't understand that, as all you ever did and do is to steal content from other websites -- which, of course, means that people like you are the reason why other people (have to) watermark their stuff in the first place. Something to think about...

I post those videos for people to enjoy anyway, not for preservation. You can be sure that the original non-watermarked videos with the full resolution of 720x480 are preserved very well.

Thread can be closed/deleted. I won't keep posting anything about unreleased games on forums which are visited by this idiot.
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you the same crybaby that threw a tantrum when I removed your watermark off that image? If so: boo hoo. I'm going to voice my opinion whenever i feel like it. I have to admit these watermarks are a little more difficult to remove, but rest assured after acting that childish they will be.
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here y'all go, no more damaged then the original.

http://www.x-cult.org/butter.wmv

18 minutes! Wow, and I ripped that from youtube, converted it, edited it, re-encoded it, uploaded it and posted it. All while getting directions, eating breakfast, etc.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcGTW_Webmaster wrote:

Shut up if you have nothing to say.

You know, i don't think that's ever been a problem Pachuka has experienced...

EDIT: Also, the style sheet doesn't handle not having a topic title very well...

Last edited by ProgrammingAce on Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
pcGTW_Webmaster wrote:

Shut up if you have nothing to say.

You know, i don't think that's ever been a problem Pachuka has experienced...

=D
Mezase Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why's everything removed? This looks like a real discussion.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too busy to deal with this. Pachuka, grow up and learn how to talk to people. Frank, sorry you're leaving my forums. I enjoyed your contributions and will keep reading your site.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: