Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Dungeoun Crawl version of Phantasy Star 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitsune wrote:
This DC emulator... Sega already had the rights to Steve Snake's emulator, why not just take that core and adapt it to the DC using the WinCE technology they used in the past? Oh, wait, I know why - it would involve work.

Anyway.

Saturn hacking wasn't feasible because there wasn't a real emulator to test things on, not to mention trace code... Maybe in a few years, we'll see some Saturn translations.

Actually, I thought that WAS what they did for Smash Pack. KGEN, right?

Yeah, like now Sega has the service, at least in Japan, to download Saturn games and play via emu. It's been ripped, but I believe it was a homebrew effort before Sega got the rights to it, like with KGEN. Giri Giri, wasn't it?
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing they sold for PC was kgen, yeah. The smash pack for the DC was an original effort, if I remember correctly, and there's always a good chance that I don't..
lordmrw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter Belmont wrote:
Kitsune wrote:
This DC emulator... Sega already had the rights to Steve Snake's emulator, why not just take that core and adapt it to the DC using the WinCE technology they used in the past? Oh, wait, I know why - it would involve work.

Anyway.

Saturn hacking wasn't feasible because there wasn't a real emulator to test things on, not to mention trace code... Maybe in a few years, we'll see some Saturn translations.

Actually, I thought that WAS what they did for Smash Pack. KGEN, right?

Yeah, like now Sega has the service, at least in Japan, to download Saturn games and play via emu. It's been ripped, but I believe it was a homebrew effort before Sega got the rights to it, like with KGEN. Giri Giri, wasn't it?

GiriGiri was it. Its since been modified by some other people and released as Cassini. It works a lot better than GiriGiri ever did. At least for me.
James

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if I remember right, Computer and Video Games magazine in the UK refered to Sonic Jam as using emulated Mega Drive* code (I no longer have the magazine) . If it wasn't emulated they'd have got the explosion sounds on robotnik right: they sound all fucky, like a poor emulator. The game does appear to play the BMG from the CD (after a sneaker powerup goes dead, for example, the music restarts). Might explain the lack of Sonic CD and Chaotix, seeing as emulation of the required add-ons has only happened recently.

Dunno if PS Collection or the thunderforce packs would have used this mysterious emulator.

*I AM EUROTRASH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: