Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

Kid Kirby for the snes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewisk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Kid Kirby for the snes? Reply with quote

Hello to all, I was browsing through some of my old video games magazines and found a July 1995 issue of Club Nintendo (this is from Mexico) and found a summary of all the games that were presented in the '95 E3 show and there was a list of games that were delayed or not shown at the E3 but there's a photo of a poster for a Kirby game for the snes that I haven't found any info on it.

Here the link for the scan of such page of the magazine:
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq69/thewisk/new-1.jpg

The poster is in the bottom right of the page, and the text is in Spanish but it can translate too something like this:
"Kid Kirby seems like a game that uses the ACM technology but was postponed at the last minute for this show, but there was some art work for the stores to display of this game"

this is not a hoax or something like that, "Club Nintendo" is a real publication and its the only "Official Nintendo Magazine" here in Mexico.

Thanks and will appreciate any info on this game.

P.S. I'm also looking for an issue that had photos of "Zero Racers", "Dragon Hooper" and "Bound High" for the Virtual boy.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, hey! There are some sprites from this on a developer's flickr account, I'll reply when I find it.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go. It was DMA Design, the Grand Theft Auto/Lemmings guys:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikedailly/
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a link here thanks to a post at DigitalPress. I wasn't going to reply but I noticed something very odd about that scan - the games listed in the green box are games that were canceled or postponed, and "we won't know much about (them) until a few more months down the line."

One of the games in that box is "If..." by Atlus. Could that have been "Shin Megami Tensei: If..."?

also, thewisk, I think you might have mistranslated the text. It reads: "Something strange happened with Nintendo's titles in the Show. Comanche was postponed, but it was on display (at the show). However, Kid Kirby, which seems to use ACM technology, was also postponed at the last minute - which was surprising because the game store demos were already completed / ready." I don't believe they were talking about art assets, but about a demo version of the game.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anarchy99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitsune wrote:
I found a link here thanks to a post at DigitalPress. I wasn't going to reply but I noticed something very odd about that scan - the games listed in the green box are games that were canceled or postponed, and "we won't know much about (them) until a few more months down the line."

One of the games in that box is "If..." by Atlus. Could that have been "Shin Megami Tensei: If..."?

also, thewisk, I think you might have mistranslated the text. It reads: "Something strange happened with Nintendo's titles in the Show. Comanche was postponed, but it was on display (at the show). However, Kid Kirby, which seems to use ACM technology, was also postponed at the last minute - which was surprising because the game store demos were already completed / ready." I don't believe they were talking about art assets, but about a demo version of the game.

I swear it's like you're googling the word "mexico"
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitsune wrote:

There's not much else it could be a reference to. However, that same scan credits Star Fox 2 to Sunsoft, so take the accuracy of the information for what it's worth.
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can obviously see that was an honest mistake.
Star Fox 2 is credited to Sunsoft and Sylverster & Tweety is credited to Nintendo.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rey's right - Club Nintendo didn't have very good proofreaders back then.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pullmyfinger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitsune wrote:
Rey's right - Club Nintendo didn't have very good proofreaders back then.

Indeed, usually readers corrected them in the letter column of the next issue. It happened so often that the mistakes and typos became sort of a running joke on that magazine throughout most of the 90s.
neomerge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm very interesting. I wonder if the demo will ever see the light of day. Does anyone know if this was ever mentioned in another magazine?
Hamtaro126

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
Here we go. It was DMA Design, the Grand Theft Auto/Lemmings guys:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikedailly/

This lost game looks like it was the basis for the GBC game Kirby Tilt n' Tumble. According to the pic of sprites that says KIRBY2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: