Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:12 pm

Games that pushed its console's hardware to the limit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neomerge

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more games to add to the list.

All the Donkey Kong Land games. I remember the graphics would flicker in the first DKL game.

Donkey Kong Country for the GBC.

Alone in the Dark GBC.

[/img]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xkeeper wrote:
Evan wrote:
Ask any snes emulator developer, and they will tell you that the DKC series and Star Fox did not push the snes to any limit (Star Fox uses the Super FX chip, which is a coprocessor). A better example might be something like Rendering Ranger, which has amazing graphics and no slowdown.
Could be worse, like SMRPG. That used an entire fucking SNES processor. In addition to the one in the SNES!

...or so I hear.

Well, the SuperFX chip was an additional processor. The chip was designed to run up to four on one cart, but no games ever did this.

-Rob
Vlcice

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neomerge: Alone in the Dark looks really impressive in screenshots, but it pretty much falls apart whenever it needs to move more than one thing on screen at a time.

Speaking of GBC games, I was impressed with the GBC version of Dragon's Lair. Low colour depth and framerate's cut down a bit, but the fact that they got an FMV game on the GBC is very impressive work.
neomerge

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own Alone in the Dark and it doesn't run that bad imo. The battles are certainly annoying though.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: