Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

So I found an original script to Blade Runner...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: So I found an original script to Blade Runner... Reply with quote

So I've gotten my grubby little mits on an original copy of the Blade Runner script and storyboard. I've never seen any version of the movie, but according to a few different people, this ending has never been shown.

Before anyone asks, no i can't scan the whole thing in. It's several hundred pages and they're all in a glued binding. I'm lucky i was able to scan what i could.

I own the DVD for Blade Runner, but I've never managed to finish the damn thing. I'm sure i'd love it if i could, but I just don't have the time. I've run this script past a few people, and they all agree that the ending is nothing that was ever seen, in any of the various "director's cuts"

If you read all the way to the bottom, you'll see I've included a copy of the last few pages of the script. Enjoy!

http://gameoftheart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=868
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! I've never even heard of that ending. It would be really interesting to get some input on it from Scott and/or his screenplay writers.

You planning on holding onto it?
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to have a chance to finally watch the movie, and then read through the whole script, but I don't really have much attachment to keeping it long term.

I checked ebay and there doesn't seem like much of a market for movie scripts. On the other hand, the 6,000+ downloads in 12 hours makes me think there *might* be a market for this one...

If there were a practical way of scanning the damn thing in, i wouldn't be against it, but the way it's bound probably prevents that. I've never seen a binding like this, it's glued with no backing, almost like a legal pad. As it is, i was afraid of pulling the pages apart while i was scanning what i did.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame you for not wanting to scan it - even if it was in a D-ring binder and you wouldn't damage a thing, that'd be a ridiculous pain in the ass. Still, the tidbit you did post does leave me curious for more. Deckard with a wife and kid? The character in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? was married, but of course that was very different from the movie they wound up making.

I have no idea how much you might expect to get for such a thing, but I bet you could get more than I could pay you Razz
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this script have the opening scenes of the replicants hijacking a ship and killing people? I think they were deemed too expensive to film and got replaced by some expository text.
sailoranna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for at least posting the ending. I have lot of friends that would find this most interesting. I think if you wave it around in the right places, someone would give you a good chuck for it.
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find. At first, I confused the title of the post with Running Man. Reminds me that I would pay good monies for the script of Commando 2, which later got turned into Die Hard. Man, I'd love to read that.

-Rob
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbudrick wrote:
Commando 2, which later got turned into Die Hard.

Now that is pretty damned interesting. I'd like to read that script too.
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:
rbudrick wrote:
Commando 2, which later got turned into Die Hard.

Now that is pretty damned interesting. I'd like to read that script too.

Yeah, rumors say that it would have included prequel elements suchas how Matrix and Bennett knew each other in the past. Apparently, Arnie didn't want to do it.

Strangely, Die Hard was based on a book, if I remember correctly. So, how it was changed from Commando 2 is anyone's guess. Hints are in Die Hard, though. For example, the small nation of Val Verde is mentioned, along with some other things I can't think of right now.

-Rob
timebombtown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val Verde was mentioned in Die Hard 2, not the original. It also appears in Predator, which was another Joel Silvers production. Verde's basically a fictitious South American country that screenwriters use when they want to avoid offending real South American countries.

From what I understand, Commando 2 would have essentially been Die Hard with John Matrix. Both used the same source material, Roderick Thorp's novel "Nothing Last Forever." The prequel elements are probably just fan theory.

Back on topic...

Maybe I'm mistaken, but that unused ending seems to be pretty blunt about the "Deckard as Replicant" issue. Which writers were credited for this draft?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: