Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 am

Underrated games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiratski

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtua Striker 2 ! Most people won't see how much off a classic this is, it's my favorite game!
VioletYoshi

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nateJC wrote:
I don't know how many of these you guys consider underrated, but these are some of my favorites that I never hear anyone talk about.

Karate Kid
Rush'n Attack
Solomon's Key
Snake Rattle 'n Roll
Spot: The Video Game (not Cool Spot. This is like Othello, except it doesn't suck)
Star Soldier
To the Earth (Best. Zapper game. Ever. Okay, maybe not as fun as Duck Hunt, but it's still awesome)

Jackie Chan Action Kung-Fu probably doesn't count either, but that is possibly the greatest NES game of all time, IMHO.

-n

Snake Rattle N Roll was awesome! I didn't realize it was underrated, I was only about 10 when it came out.

Seriously, underrated..so does that mean I should dash my hopes of it ever being released on the Wii virtual console?
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VioletYoshi wrote:

Seriously, underrated..so does that mean I should dash my hopes of it ever being released on the Wii virtual console?

Hi VioletYoshi. I wouldn't say "dash", but it's unlikely right now. Not because it's underrated, but because Rare has the rights to it, and they're owned by Microsoft.

However, if R.C. Pro-Am and Battletoads make it to VC, there's a good chance it could follow.
Drakee

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VioletYoshi wrote:
Karate Kid

Um, uh.
B00daW
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a few underrated games from the over-hyped console, Playstation:

Intelligent Qube - Great game for trying to discipline focus. Odd, but in a good way. Not a graphically or sonically pleasing game though.

Nitrous Oxide (N2O) - Amazing sound and playability. It's almost like a precursor to Rez.

Herc's Adventure - One of the better buddy games for the Playstation. Good humor and pixel art. Great fun. Very Happy

Blazing Dragons - If you enjoy Scumm engine-like adventure games, you'll love this one. Scripted by Terry Jones of Monty Python fame as well. Despite awkward load times and slow play, if you're a patient and devout adventure gamer, this game's beauty and humor will win you over.

Megaman Legends 1/2 - If you're not a big fan of the Mega Man series and don't mind that the storyboard completely contradicts the main series, this game is a wonderful 3D action/adventure title much like the new-gen Zelda series.

Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style - Based off the unreleased, amazing, 4-player fighting game Thrill Kill, Shaolin Style has an interesting story mode with very well-programmed fighting engine. The fluid and powerful moves with the emphasized character creations of the Wu-Tang Clan make this game interesting for anybody who likes fighting games.

That's enough for now... Favorite underrated Playstation titles of others or comments? Smile
thnikkaman_lackey

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, while we're on the subject of the PlayStation, there was a very obscure import for it by the name of LSD that I admire from a design standpoint. It was a "dream emulator" in every sense of the word and although the gameplay itself was very simple, you could encounter some very trippy/psychadelic stuff if you spent enough time just wondering around. It's hard not to give a game kudos if you can find flying elephants and nuclear missiles coming out of the ground within the same span of a ten-minute session.

I suppose Vib-Ribbon could also be lumped in a similar category. Granted, it did manage to (somehow) get released outside of Japan with the help of the PAL territories, but it was probably too abstract to get much love. I still find myself playing it from time to time this day when I'm vaguely curious how some soundtrack will play. Plus, I like the exclusively wireframe aesthetic that it employs.
taiki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Heroes 2 JET.

Seriously. It's a solid fighting title that's nothing like WH2, or WH.
neomerge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second Sight and Gun.

Anyone else like these games?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Man From P.O.O.T.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC Kids wins hands down. I defy you to find a better food-based platformer!

I haven't played GUN, but I played the hell out of Red Dead Revolver during the 5-day rental period. One of the best multiplayer experiences I've had.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned Way of the Samurai, but that was one of the first games I played where you actually had some choices you could make, and that resulted in me renting it every other week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: