Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 pm

Underrated games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Li Wang
SnHX WiIYrd
SnHX WiIYrd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, don't bother. I'm working on this game already. If you were counting on being able to hack that password system, don't.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate you. :P

Actually, yeah, I looked at that password screen and it's creepy. It reminds me of Magical Doropie, though...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did an article a few years back, but I didn't go into a whole lot of detail between the changes, as I wasn't exactly in the mood to play the entire game again.

http://bluehell.kurayami.net/vgabyss/reviews/clashbang/index.html
Li Wang
SnHX WiIYrd
SnHX WiIYrd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The odd thing is just about the only thing you can't find and change on the password input is the characters themselves. Even the blank spaces that take up the space before you enter the password are easily changable.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Li Wang wrote:
The odd thing is just about the only thing you can't find and change on the password input is the characters themselves. Even the blank spaces that take up the space before you enter the password are easily changable.

Which is why I steer clear of games that use passwords. Too much trouble to do without ASM knowledge.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gibby

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three games I used to play the hell out of and still enjoy but don't here much of. IMO all underrated.

Panic Restaurant
Ghosts N' Goblins
Cowboy Kid
B-zero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to say that two viciously underrated NES games are Disney's "Adventures in the magic kingdom" and "Bugs Bunny's 50th birthday blowout". Prove me wrong.
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: I'm a little late... Reply with quote

Here's a few I haven't seen mentioned yet...

Journey to Silius (very, very good sound track for it's day)
Crystalis - Best SNK game ever
Faxandu - was good, but became part of a game series that wasn't released in the US

Zelda 2

Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma(do ROMs count?)

I know I'm gonna take some heat for this list
anarchy99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Zelda 2

I thought we were discussing underrated games.
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anarchy99 wrote:
Quote:
Zelda 2

Can't get more underrated than that. It really isn't that difficult once you learn all of it's quirks. Of course most people who hate Zelda II cause it's difficult, go on to love Battle of Olympus, despite that game being 10 times harder than Zelda II. And I also like Battle of Olympus and Faxanadu.

I still think this game would've been liked by a lot of people if it was the exact same game, only difference being it isn't called "Zelda" anywhere, and the main character was somebody else instead of Link.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlyphGlitch wrote:
Faxandu - was good, but became part of a game series that wasn't released in the US

Really? I never knew Faxanadu had any sequels. What are the other titles in the series?
KingMike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's any relation, Legend of Xanadu I believe was Dragon Slayer 2, followed by Romancia (DS3), Legacy of the Wizard (DS4), and then the Legend of Heroes series.
If I could actually figure out how to play MSX games, I could probably check those.
nateJC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably a stupid n00b question but...is Legacy of the Wizard the same as the NES game by the same name?

-n
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nateJC wrote:
This is probably a stupid n00b question but...is Legacy of the Wizard the same as the NES game by the same name?

-n

Yes.
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

I forget about Battle of Olympus. Another good game.
KingMike is there anyway you post a website about that series? I've tried looking and it's kinda hard to find an English site.

Also Zelda 2 is the most underrated Zelda of all time. A true action RPG that was vastly different then the rest. We got to see the world outside of Hyrule and it's the only other Zelda to feature adult Link.
bleusilences

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA, i you will be flabergasted after the-amazing-game-you-never-heard-of-because-it-seem-like-a-crappy-game:Phantom 2040. This game is none linear, you have different story branch, ton of secrets, and was super hard. A few people have heard of this game. It was brilliant for it's time. And the graphic where good too.

For castlevenia 64, i really like it, i played the remake too, and the remake is 2(legacy of darkness) time better, I wonder if any of you have played castlevenia: Legacy of darkness? It a Real improvement.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow Reply with quote

SlyphGlitch wrote:

Also Zelda 2 is the most underrated Zelda of all time. A true action RPG that was vastly different then the rest. We got to see the world outside of Hyrule and it's the only other Zelda to feature adult Link.

Actually, ALTTP and LA also featured the Adult Link. Only the original Zelda had Link as a child prior to Ocarina.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Zelda IV Link was a teenager...

Also, Phantom 2040 would be a good game... the last time I played it, it made me kill the emulator for some reason I can't remember...

I do remember being pissed as hell.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArnoldRimmer83 wrote:
anarchy99 wrote:
Quote:
Zelda 2

Can't get more underrated than that. It really isn't that difficult once you learn all of it's quirks. Of course most people who hate Zelda II cause it's difficult, go on to love Battle of Olympus, despite that game being 10 times harder than Zelda II. And I also like Battle of Olympus and Faxanadu.

I never really liked Zelda II and I love Battle of Olympus. I hate you for making me think about why, but I guess it's a somewhat obvious reason.

Zelda II had to follow up to Zelda I. Being so totally different obviously hurt Zelda II, and over the years I've warmed up a little to Zelda II.

Battle of Olympus didn't force any expectations upon me, and I like the other little things better.. the graphics are better, the enemies are way way way cooler, it's far more open-ended than Zelda II (more adventurous I guess, which is kinda odd considering there's no overworld map.. I never wouldn't thought the overworld map in a game would be in a limiting factor, but I guess it is).. ah, I could probably go on.

So, yeah, you're pretty much right Arn, I think.
Threeboy
BANNED

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Flashback"

its storyline and graphics were cool for the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: