Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

Deluxe Paint

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Deluxe Paint Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone here can help me with this, but I thought I would give it a shot. I was looking through some old snes stuff I have in my archives, and I found a bunch of images for the unreleased game "Boo". However, the majority of the files are saved as .anm and .lbm files, which I found out are made by an old Electronic Arts bitmap program called Deluxe Paint. It sounds as though this old Amiga program was used in the making of almost all video game graphics between 1985 and 1993. I would like to convert these files to png or gif files, but I have no idea if there is a program that can do this. I downloaded a dos version of this program, but file load/save dialogue doesn't work very well in Dosbox. If someone can find me a program that can convert these files, I will be making an article about this.
Evan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I found a program that can convert the lbm files (XnView), but the animated files will probably be a bit more of a problem.
Evan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I solved all my problems. I found a program that converts .anm files, called Imagine.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, that was quick. I was going to suggest you just emulate the original Amiga program, but it sounds like you found a much easier solution.
Evan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if anyone else runs into these kind of files, they'll know how to convert them now (as it took a fair amount of Google searching to get to these programs).
Tootai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deluxe Paint rules for bitmap graphics, I used to fool around a lot with it back in the day. I even used it for making Gameboy graphics which I had then import to PC. Can't PSP read .iff formats? I seem to recall so.
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paint Shop Pro can read LBM files just fine. I swear I had a DOS animation tool at one point that could read ANM files as well...
LocalH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had seen this sooner, I'd have offered to do the conversion, as I am quite well versed with the Amiga and would be able to convert such images. I'll still offer this if anyone needs to do this in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: