Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:37 pm

Merry Christmas - Baldur's Gate (PS1) not so unreleased!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stranno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnivol wrote:
I suspect you may be able to use a PC guide for the game to speed up things if you're stuck or just want to progress as fast as possible.

Also, playing on PSP might be a bit tricky in the long run. I'm not sure if it prompts you for saving data upon disc swap points (at least it doesn't if you boot Disc 2-3 -> start a new game -> Create a character) and the PSP emulator doesn't recognize the disc swap points properly (so only Reset to disc # works and not the Change Disc option)

"Hopefully," someone will find a way around that if it's the same during normal game progression... portable Baldur's Gate sure would be nice!

Disc swaping was implemented time ago in Popstation, it works right in all games i've tried, but i cant say surely it will work on BG. Popstation is one of the most (if no the most) advanced emulators yet
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had close to no success with disc swapping on the PSP. With only a few odd exceptions, the only games I've been able to get the Disc Change option to light up in the XMB in are those that are also officially available via PSN. Most games just end up with it not detecting whatever it looks for in order to unlock the disc swap option (I'm guessing a spin down command of some sort), which means that you rely on the game allowing you to be able to save at the disc swap point and load the save from the other disc (Save -> Reset to Disc # -> Load)

And, well, preliminary tests with Baldur's Gate indicates that Baldur's Gate joins the ranks of games that currently just wont behave with it (+the readme for the release says the same). So unless someone's made (very) recent homebrew updates to things that enables disc swaps to be done anywhere, or someone's done some voodoo in cwcheat that force changes the disc... you'll be relying on the old method of saving "near" the disc swap point, bringing save to PC, play through disc swap, bring save back to PSP, play from the next disc.
krystabegnalie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think before you put the modified psx game, you should have at least a custom firmware so that it could run it natively, then also disc swapping can be done with it, just browse a little bit in google, i'm only starting to download it and will tell you if disc swapping for this in psp is successfull
Deadguy2322

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krystabegnalie wrote:
i think before you put the modified psx game, you should have at least a custom firmware so that it could run it natively, then also disc swapping can be done with it, just browse a little bit in google, i'm only starting to download it and will tell you if disc swapping for this in psp is successfull

I think everyone here is well aware of how to do these things in custom firmware, especially seeing as how you can't run ripped games on official firmware.
krystabegnalie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadguy2322 wrote:
krystabegnalie wrote:

I think everyone here is well aware of how to do these things in custom firmware, especially seeing as how you can't run ripped games on official firmware.

yes, but proper conversion of iso is one way to properly play it in the psp

ive already converted it to a multidisc eboot and can now disc swap between 3 discs without resetting the game, as i show now the change disc option at the home menu, ive only starting playing and its cool (but sometimes control scheme were difficult) but yeah its true to the pc port
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krystabegnalie wrote:
ive already converted it to a multidisc eboot and can now disc swap between 3 discs without resetting the game, as i show now the change disc option at the home menu, ive only starting playing and its cool (but sometimes control scheme were difficult) but yeah its true to the pc port

Which pops version is this?

I previously had no luck in getting the Change Disc option to cooperate when I was trying to get this game to work on PSP.

Did someone finally find a way to force this option to be enabled when it otherwise shouldn't have been? (As the Change Disc function normally seems to be looking for *something* in the game's memory and enable/disable itself based on that... and, well, it certainly didn't see it in Baldur's Gate.)

[Edit]
Additionally, which Game ID(s)'s been used?
janedek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

is there someone, who converted this game to PSP succesfull?

I converted it with different GAME IDs, but every time i load my savegame it freezes. If i make the trick that i copy the savegame from the memory slot1 to the slot2 in the Popstation options menu it loads, but my hero's HP decreases with 5 point, so after 3 load he loses all of his hitpoint and the game starts with my dead hero... Sad
If it could not be solved i think this game isn't playable on PSP...

Is there somebody, who plays Baldur's Gate on PSP without this issue?
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet to be able to get the game to behave properly on a PSP (disc swap being the main issue)

Not familiar with the HP dropping thingy.

Anyway,
there was something I completely forgot about ages ago that I finally remembered last night!

No new screenshots to go with this, so no new colorful names (like, I dunno, A Black Falcon or something... yeah. See that? My creativity is severely lacking)

So, instead, here's a couple of packs with 6 xdelta patches (one for each disc in each pack):

Baldur's Gate - Cheats
-Adds the Cheats menu back into the game. It's a tiny submenu full of useful testing cheats and stuff found in the game's pause menu. (I was actually initially trying to strip out that entire pause menu before this game got dumped on the public. But this was the best I could cook up whilst sitting sleepless in a hotel room before someone's wedding.)

Baldur's Gate - Debug
-This thingy adds the same as above, but also adds the full debug output thingy some of you might've seen in screenshots and videos online. (This also more or less makes the discs back into their 1:1 original state, as they were when ripped. Sans a tiny scratch on disc 1 that makes a tiny bit of speech in one line of narrated dialog go a bit weird in the pronunciation... can't fix that without another rip of this game showing up first. Sorry.)
-You can toggle most of the debug output by tapping SELECT (iirc)

[edit]
Okay! Why the heck can't I seem to get URLs to work?
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnivol wrote:
Okay! Why the heck can't I seem to get URLs to work?

BBCode doesn't seem to like apostrophes. HTML works, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: