Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 pm

my bands 9th video game cover cd released

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnphase

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: my bands 9th video game cover cd released Reply with quote

hey guys, didnt want to really say too much, but i figured it was of note seeing as how its a 9th record. my band 'temp sound solutions' has released a new video game cover cd. its called 'now youre playing with powar 9: welcome to the next leval'. its mainly genesis and snes tunes, but theres also some nes stuff in there too!

i really wanted to post this because of all the help ive gotten from the LL community identifying games and stuff. i wouldnt have done covers of songs from games like blockout had i not heard about them from here. heres a tracklisting and some samples:

01 - phantasy star 3 opening
02 - wwwwrasslemania (make you humble)
03 - block out
http://tempsoundsolutions.hotdogstorm.com/mp3/powar9/04%20-%20mariopaint%20wii%20plaza.mp3
http://tempsoundsolutions.hotdogstorm.com/mp3/powar9/05%20-%20snow%20bros%20stage%201%201.mp3
06 - ecco the dolphin island zone
07 - sonic labrynth zone
08 - columbus
http://tempsoundsolutions.hotdogstorm.com/mp3/powar9/09%20-%20addams%20family%20values%20dangerous%20terrain.mp3
10 - shadowgate
11 - uninvited
12 - nintendo wifi channel
13 - area 88 the cave
14 - area 88 carrier/forest
15 - super fantasy zone
16 - phantasy star 2 mystery and violation
17 - phantasy star 4 terrible sight
18 - smb3
19 - phantasy star 3 staff roll

we'll have some vids on youtube soon and an update to the webpage with a new design, pics, links and the like and a new album coming up with probably a dvd as well as a full studio album. also, i donno if any of you guys on the east coast are going to katsucon in dc, but we'll be playing at that. here's what we look like to keep an eye out for us:

hope you guys enjoy these tunes, say hi to us if you happen to see us at katsucon!
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, congratulations, that's a lot of albums.
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hold a 10-year old grudge against Katsucon after the clusterfuck they pulled with Yoshitaka Amano as guest of honor, plus the entire staff being a bunch of arrogant twits.

Play a better con, preferably non-animu and in the southeast and I might come and watch.
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichiban Crush wrote:
I hold a 10-year old grudge against Katsucon after the clusterfuck they pulled with Yoshitaka Amano as guest of honor, plus the entire staff being a bunch of arrogant twits.

Do elaborate. I love hearing about nerd convention drama.
Ichiban Crush

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not much to elaborate. Everyone who was a staffer acted like an arrogant prick, and because of the con's blunder, the line for Amano's autograph was pisspoorly organized. It's been 10 years, so I don't remember much.

Other than that Richard Kim guy being a total faggot.
shawnphase

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know how you guys feel about anime cons. a lot of them end up doubling in size one or two too many times, and that point..well, it just becomes robotwork to go to them. lines, room codes, all the logistics of it when they're larger is just a lot to deal with. performing is even tougher.

last year at otakon, they ran a 'jamspace' and had bands play in it, getting everything into and out of the convention center in baltimore was just too hellish. once conventions get to the size that they're in a convention center, and not in a hotel, it's just done. i have a special place in my heart for katsucon because its not gone completely blown out like most of the anime cons, and a lot of the diehard anime fans jumped from otakon to katsucon and just go to that, so its cool.

we're going to do some stuff from transformers the movie and some more wellknown stuff from anime based games and see how it goes over. and we always try and play a few of the gamer conventions, this year we're playing toomanygames festival in april, but thats in pennsylvania. we just played magfest and thats where the album and some of the material was debuted, we did a un squadron cover that was close to 15 minutes long. im just happy to be able to still be doing this after all these albums. for the 10th record, we're thinking a live dvd/studio album together, so that should be neat.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawnphase wrote:
i know how you guys feel about anime cons

Somehow I doubt that.
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye, will you cosplay with us at Otakon this year? We're all going to be characters from Mr. Gimmick!
shawnphase

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
shawnphase wrote:
i know how you guys feel about anime cons

Somehow I doubt that.

lets just say i've got a general idea. ive been to over 50 conventions since the first otakon in 94 and at least 40 of them i went to pretty begrudgingly. i didnt always have fun or even a good time at them, i guess i had my mind on other things. i had to look past a lot of aspects of it that made me dislike anime in general over the years and allow myself to accept that these conventions wanted to help promote what i do as an art and getting to play katsucon in specific is really an honor to do because we get to delve into a little more of the japanese side of things, which we dont do too much at the game cons. i guess thats not fully true, actually last year at otakon we did play stage 1/boss from gimmick. you just gotta push the boundaries around a little bit.
Ichiban Crush

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have nothing against anime... just 95% of the fans I've met. I would rather deal with the most annoying Halo fan than the average yaoi fan, thought I admit most of it may be an age thing since none of my favorite shows were ever shown on Adult Swim.

Sad part is, that's where you're going to find most of the gamers. Which is why I wish there were more fan-oriented conventions of forums for video gaming, specifically niche areas such as unreleased games, indie gaming, kusoge, etc.

You know, I live close to where Dragon*Con is held, and aside from the cosplayers, there's very little video gaming events or panels. Your band would probably be a breath of fresh air that the steampunk kids have smogged up. If I had more time on my hands, I'd do a repeat panel of what I did for the anime convention in Tennessee back in 2005 (I think?), only focus on bad games based off any franchise with a strong geek following if only because the world really needs to see Harry Potter NES.
shawnphase

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it kind of seems like at least on the east coast, the gaming conventions/expos had to break out on their own and do stuff. now we have toomanygames, gamercon, vgxpo, magfest, i guess sitacon too. katsucon does have a huge game room though. for me its always been a matter of getting the music out there as much as i can, and cons are a pretty good way. i wish there were more expos however.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really isn't a whole lot of convention stuff in my tiny area of the world. I know that a local anime group used to have these frequent gatherings with shows viewed on big screens and various other (probably semi-copyright infringementing) activities. (During winter time, there'd also be groups going to the park to mess around with random outdoor winter activities). It all used to seem so down to earth 10++ years ago, but suddenly things shifted and the costumes/headbands started popping up like it was dresscode or something and I get the feeling things shifted from what seemed to be a relaxed "movie night with the guys" type of attitude to something more along the lines of "WAAAAAI! WATASHI KARAOKE DAISUKI-DESU~~~! HIDOI, NII-SAN! SINGU ARONGU BUITO ME NAOU! ONEGAI!!!11!" :|

Ichiban Crush wrote:
Which is why I wish there were more fan-oriented conventions of forums for video gaming, specifically niche areas such as unreleased games, indie gaming, kusoge, etc.

I think I could find myself a home at such a convention (one or all). If only to publicly observe and defend the amazing ideas and visions some people have had, regardless of the execution.

(Personally, I've quite a few times entertained the idea of an exhibition of "things that never were", concept art stuff, consoles, rarities, obscurities, etc.. If people can exhibit to 30 people stuff they've created by spilling paint buckets for two years, while receiving money from the culture funds to keep things afloat... to then sell the art pieces for absurd prices and not having to pay taxes for it... then sure as hell something like that should be possible... Unless it's all some sort of elaborate and exclusive tax system exploitation group.)
I am Christina Aguilera

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichiban Crush wrote:
Which is why I wish there were more fan-oriented conventions of forums for video gaming, specifically niche areas such as unreleased games, indie gaming, kusoge, etc.

I would be all over a kuso-ge convention in a custom t-shirt of the first screen of NES Dragon's Lair.
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg&feature=youtube_gdata
Wonderbutt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adaml wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg&feature=youtube_gdata

Ok but what does Ann B. Davis have to do with this?
shawnphase

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U5HLDzhhfE

godzilla - earth stage at katsucon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: