Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

Evan, about SNES Central unrelease list.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Evan, about SNES Central unrelease list. Reply with quote

Don't know if any of this stuff is of any use to you, but you want it?

-Chuck Rock 2 (EGM preview)
-"Don" (EGM preview of some Super Famicom game nobody seems to recognize, so I'm guessing it's unreleased)
-First Queen (ad, sent by Li Wang) (I believe this was released in Japan)
-Freeway Flyboys (NP summary, sent by Skrybe)
-Galactic Defenders (ad, sent by Li Wang)
-Lost Mission (NP summary, sent by Skrybe) (released as Shinseiki Oddysselya in Japan)
-Savage Empire (NP preview) (I think this was only released in Japan, but I'm not sure)
-Sengoku (EGM p/review)
-Super Loopz (NP review, sent by Skrybe)
-Toxic Crusaders (EGM review)
-Waterworld (NP review)

While I have your attention, I thought I'd fill in some information that's not in your unreleased game chart.
Akira was re-planned for the N(U)64, then cancelled (according to NP).
Blastris: Wasn't that one of the Super Scope pack-in games (on the 6-in-1 cart it came with)?
Bubba 'n Stix: Could it be the same game that came out for Genesis by Tengen?
Dashin' Desperadoes: released for Genesis.
Diamond Challenge was probably Downtown Nekketsu Baseball Story (released in Japan).
Hermetica was very likely Yoshi's Cookie, before Nintendo bought the NES and GB versions (according to an NP explanation why BPS, and not Nintendo, was releasing the SNES version of Yoshi's Cookie).
In The Hunt was an arcade and PS1 game.
Monsters was bought by Konami and released as Zombies Ate My Neighbors.
Popeye's Adventures was probably Popeye: Ijiwaru maru no Sea Hag (released in Japan).
Road Runner 2 was released in Japan and Europe, I think. I know it was released in one of them.
Sorceror's Kingdom was released for Genesis.
(Super) Global Gladiators was released for Genesis (incomplete SNES ROM exists).
Sylvestor and Tweety (TekMagic) was released for Genesis by Time Warner. Though Sunsoft was also announced a Sylvestor and Tweety game, I don't know if it was the same one (I have an ad for multiple Sunsoft Looney Tunes games that shows a S&T boxshot).
Evan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I always welcome more information. I don't know when I'll have time to add it all, but you can email me anything you have.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Evan, about SNES Central unrelease list. Reply with quote

KingMike wrote:
Sylvestor and Tweety (TekMagic) was released for Genesis by Time Warner. Though Sunsoft was also announced a Sylvestor and Tweety game, I don't know if it was the same one (I have an ad for multiple Sunsoft Looney Tunes games that shows a S&T boxshot).

No, it's different.

Look how fuckin' Friz Freleng those backgrounds are.
Evan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have an advertisement of Sylvester and Tweety by Sunsoft. It said coming soon on the advertisement, which also featured other Loony Toons games by Sunsoft on the snes.
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingMike wrote:
-Lost Mission (NP summary, sent by Skrybe) (released as Shinseiki Oddysselya in Japan)

EGM ran a capsule preview of the game as well.

http://www.kidfenris.com/egmlostmission.jpg

The lower shot intrigues me, as the Japanese version of the game doesn't seem to have cinematic sequences.

Then again, I've only played an hour or so of Oddysselya. It's standard stuff, with dull and frequent battles. And yet I wish I'd been able to play an English version back when the only new RPGs available were The Seventh Saga and Paladin's Quest.

I don't think there's a fan-translation of it yet, though I'd like to see one, just to get past the point where I'm currently stuck.
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Evan, about SNES Central unrelease list. Reply with quote

KingMike wrote:
Don't know if any of this stuff is of any use to you, but you want it?
-Sengoku (EGM p/review)

-Blastris: Wasn't that one of the Super Scope pack-in games (on the 6-in-1 cart it came with)?

Sengoku, really? Wow, I always just thought it was rare. Didn't a SFC version come out in Japan though?

Yeah, Blastris was indeed a Super Scope 6 game. The pack-ins were: Blastris A, Blastris B, Mole Patrol, and the "Lazer Blazer" games - Confront, Intercept, and Engage.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there's a Japanese version of Sengoku.

I can't understand how Data East could make the game even worse than it already was...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KingMike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other one I wanted to ask about, was there ever planning for an SNES version of MetalStorm? The only thing I remember is a '93 or '94 NP Pak Watch screenshot (you people with those issues remember the PW pages with a few random screenshots at the bottom and lots of rambling text about various upcoming games above them?). Can't remember if there was even any text to explain the lone screenshot.
Evan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I removed Blastris... anyways, on Nintendo's official snes release list, they don't have an entry for Super Scope 6, they call it "Blastris/LazerBlazer". As for Sengoku, from what I read the game was going to be different than the NeoGeo version.

Wasn't Metalstorm an NES game?
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was. A good and somewhat difficult to find NES game at that.
B-zero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had "Toxic Crusaders" for the genesis. Pretty standard brawler with some vehicle levels......no big loss for the Super Nintendo,really.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion of Sengoku was based on the quality of the graphics.

Now that I've played it, I feel the need to go kill some ex-DECO programmers.

But I'm still translating it. :P
KingMike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, could the SNES Castles game have possibly been the Super Famicom game "Super Castles", published by Victor (JVC?). I believe it was based on a PC game by Interplay.
crawd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing for the site, Circa 1995-1996 Ted Woolsey write into Gamefan and said that Square was considering releasing Romancing SaGa 3 here as Final Fantasy 4.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crawd wrote:
Another thing for the site, Circa 1995-1996 Ted Woolsey write into Gamefan and said that Square was considering releasing Romancing SaGa 3 here as Final Fantasy 4.

I was a regular GameFAN reader back then and I never heard that before. I do know from an EGM issue that Square was planning on releasing Final Fantasy V here as Final Fantasy Extreme at some point though.
lordmrw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid Fenris wrote:
KingMike wrote:

EGM ran a capsule preview of the game as well.

http://www.kidfenris.com/egmlostmission.jpg

The lower shot intrigues me, as the Japanese version of the game doesn't seem to have cinematic sequences.

Then again, I've only played an hour or so of Oddysselya. It's standard stuff, with dull and frequent battles. And yet I wish I'd been able to play an English version back when the only new RPGs available were The Seventh Saga and Paladin's Quest.

I don't think there's a fan-translation of it yet, though I'd like to see one, just to get past the point where I'm currently stuck.

Nintendo Power actually had a review of the game in one of the issues somewhere in the 50s. I remember thinking that the game must have been released since they had reviewed it, but we know how that turned out.

Quote:
I was a regular GameFAN reader back then and I never heard that before. I do know from an EGM issue that Square was planning on releasing Final Fantasy V here as Final Fantasy Extreme at some point though.

I remember seeing something like that mentioned in EGM 2. I didn't really believe it, as it seemed like a stupid thing to do.
Blackjax
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to dig through my EGMs, but I very clearly remember FFV pictures with a "Final Fantasy III Preview" in EGM

That coulda been their screwup, but it was there.
KingMike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy V was originally supposed to be released as FF3, but I guess Square took long enough that they decided to cancel it and translate FF6 instead.
treeman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crawd - can you verify that Romancing Saga statement? That would be cool be some cool uncommon knowledge, if true.

Yeah, Final Fantasy V was supposed to be released as FF3, then after FF6 was released here as FF3, they announced that FF5 would be released here as Final Fantasy Extreme. With it being announced twice for a USA release, theres bound to be someone out there with an officially translated prototype of it, somewhere...
henx12
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, Final Fantasy V was supposed to be released as FF3, then after FF6 was released here as FF3, they announced that FF5 would be released here as Final Fantasy Extreme. With it being announced twice for a USA release, theres bound to be someone out there with an officially translated prototype of it, somewhere...

If you need final fantasy 5 for the SNES i have it on an emulator
i Got The File From www.emulationstation.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: