Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:32 pm

Ultima Underworld for Sega CD footage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
7HeroesForceBattle

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Ultima Underworld for Sega CD footage Reply with quote

(occasionally it is worth it to lurk at neogaf)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tvAIar6NB8

around 3'12

It looks pretty close to the original DOS version. In fact, considering the fact that I had no idea that this existed until today and I've been poking around the fringes of Ultima for a while, that may be the DOS version. (there's also an FM-Towns release and a rather ugly/silly-looking remake on PS1)

I wonder if it has any relation at all to the Sega CD version of Eye of the Beholder...

There's also several more well-known canceled games in there. Has someone already gone through this guy's CES videos, pointing out anything of note?
GDRI

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some mentions of it on Usenet. Tom Kalinske mentions it in an old interview. I guess Sega was going to be publishing it.

This guy has videos from 1994 Summer CES. The one with Yoshi Nakanishi from Taito has some footage of Genesis Lufia.
Asaki

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultima Underworld for Sega CD footage Reply with quote

7HeroesForceBattle wrote:
It looks pretty close to the original DOS version. In fact, considering the fact that I had no idea that this existed until today and I've been poking around the fringes of Ultima for a while, that may be the DOS version.

It looks very much like it is the DOS version.
neomerge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better yet are the mentions of an MC Hammer game as well as Chakan CD!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: