Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm

Lodgenet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
B-zero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Lodgenet Reply with quote

I was in a hotel last Janurary and they had the "Lodgenet" system with a Super Nintendo. For about $6.95 an hour, you could play "Final Fight" or "Donkey Kong Country 2", "Super Punchout", "F-Zero" and a few other games. Additionally, the system had exclusive "games" which included a tetris rip-off, picture puzzles and...I kid you not....tic-tac-toe. Now....I believe this brings up an interesting question. If no sane person would ever want to find a game,can that game truely be lost?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just so you know, I went ahead and resized your avatar and hosted it here. It was way too wide, and your host (Geocities) doesn't allow outside referrals for images.

Anyway. Aren't those things cool? You can flip channels on the TV WITH A SNES CONTROLLER.
Ancient Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a hotel last month in Tampa that had one with N64 games instead. Pretty neat, but the price is a bit steep IMO.
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient Oldie wrote:
I went to a hotel last month in Tampa that had one with N64 games instead. Pretty neat, but the price is a bit steep IMO.

No kidding. I stayed at a hotel once that had the N64 service, but it was $6.95... AN HOUR. Holy crap, I could rent a game at Blockbuster cheaper than that, and I'd get to keep it for DAYS, even.
KingMike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the hotel with one of those pay N64s. Tried to plug a real N64 in, but their menu program took up the AV channel of the TV. Bastards!

I think it was called the "Super Nintendo Gateway System" was started in like '95, and I remember they had SMW, F-Zero, SFII (the original one), Tetris, Dr. Mario, the mixed match game from the combo cart, and possibly Ken Griffey Jr. (the first one) as never-changing choices. The ones I can remember being there as the "changing" part of the lineup were Kirby's Avalanche, Lost Vikings, and Blackthorne. They probably were the same as the cart games (I'm not paying $6.95/hour to find out, which is actually a hike of the $5.95 price I remember) except that SMW and F-Zero obviously had the saving disabled. I can't remember if the 2 Player options were disabled (since they only had one controller, you couldn't play a 2-player game except SMW anyways).
Beeshu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I remember one of these from back in the '90's in a hotel in Missourri, I think. I remember it having a picture of Mario on the menu screen and playing The Lost Vikings.
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've ran across those a few times before. Another intrestng set-up was quite a few years back, when I got put in the hospital. The children's side had this weird SNES rig that was basically a TV with neon green and purple plastic on the tv, and a SNES with a few games on a tray underneath. The weird thing was that all the carts were attached via a chain that had been put on each cart that went back to a part of the stand. Haha, those kids never got it back, I played games on it everyday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: