Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

Sweet Home

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pullmyfinger

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Sweet Home Reply with quote

Does anyone know about an American version of Suito Homu (Sweet Home)? I heard it was announced on a Nintendo Power once, my Girlfriend and I played trough the japanese version and really liked it, it would be good to know how complete was the american version, if it existed, and if they planned to change it.

There was a rumour that the game director (who we heard was one of the main characters on the movie the game was based on) had a tragic death after the game was released, has anyone seen the movie? Or know anything about it??
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Home was announced in Nintendo Power and a couple of other magazines, but no US screenshots have been found, as far as I know. It's pretty safe to say that it would have been very heavily censored, though.

You can buy a subtitled copy of the film here. I've seen the movie, and if you enjoyed the game you should enjoy the film too.

I don't know about the game's director being in the movie, but I know the film's producer was one of the main characters, I'm guessing Kazuo. According to imdb, he commited suicide in 1997, several years after the game and movie were released.

Edit: I just checked, and Juzo Itami was listed as the producer for both the film and the game.
Pullmyfinger

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx dude
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: