Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:00 pm

Secret Ties

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niiue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Secret Ties Reply with quote

So, probably a stupid question, but everything I've seen related to Secret Ties (including the article on this site) references a (similarly cancelled) Japanese version with the name Master Thief Sugar. Only thing is, I can't seem to actually find any information about that version, which leads me to believe that either it's from some obscure magazine that never got scanned, or it's an urban legend that snowballed out of proportion. Can anyone clear this up?
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick search turned up this list of unreleased Japanese games that references Master Thief Sugar, though only the name and publisher. I don't know what his sources were.
KingMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About that list. Probably lots of errors or things, but some amusing things before I stopped...

On SFC, "Christine's Funhouse" has got to be some kind of very mangled translation of Krusty's Super Funhouse :D , which was released as "Krusty World" (though spelled more like Kirisuti)

"Fighting American Football": considering "Fighting Baseball" was just a rebranded EA Sports baseball game, this would've probably been some rebranded Madden game, and thus the title a lie since I'm pretty sure fighting isn't allowed in football. :P

"Superman" for N64. No idea why Taito scrapped the idea to publish this in Japan...
Niiue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingMike wrote:
"Superman" for N64. No idea why Taito scrapped the idea to publish this in Japan...

The real question is why they didn't scrap it for the US...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: