Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

Biohazard / Resident Evil - Couple of early alpha builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Biohazard / Resident Evil - Couple of early alpha builds Reply with quote

Figured I'd make a thread, since one else did;

For the 15th Anniversary of Resident Evil, a couple of early alpha builds (from roughly half-a-year before its completion)
for the original Resident Evil on PlayStation was released over at the Hidden Palace.

Linkety link

Happy 15th birthday, Resident Evil! It's been a while.
Sardius
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are great! There's all sorts of different/out-of-place stuff in both of these, especially the earlier one, which is more of a tech demo than anything.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is that there's at least footage of two more early builds of RE1 available from old media (one showing a menu interface similar to the 10/04 build, but with a different texture set for the frame) and then there's the (most certainly older) build that's featured in some footage that shows some sort of co-op/partner AI function in action (leftovers from this can be found in the 08/04 build's data)
Deadguy2322

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you tell Playstation Museum or whatever his name was? I am sure he would be interested! Very Happy
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadguy2322 wrote:
Did you tell Playstation Museum or whatever his name was? I am sure he would be interested! Very Happy

= (
Teflon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadguy2322 wrote:
Did you tell Playstation Museum or whatever his name was? I am sure he would be interested! :D

I hope this is sarcasm.

Anyways, someone over at the TCRF forums found some unused menu graphics in the August proto. There are four character images (instead of the final's two) and text for what looks like commands for another player. Check it out.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if GlitterBerry had fun (re)translating those. Also, those aren't the only neat leftovers on those discs. Renders will be up on THIA in the future (most of which were provided by site regular Enrico, on request)

Chris (unused):
08/04
Final

Jill (unused):
08/04
Final

(We actually posted these last year, but w/out the old scorpion S.T.A.R.S. logo. These are the ones seen in this video)

two more (showing the Chimera):
10/04
Final

Most of the other models are mainly nitpicky changes to the model or minor to major texture changes/improvements. Will be putting it all up as part of the RE1 section on THIA at some point in the future.
drunkdog306

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is still a build out there with the co-op available, there are videos of the co-op build. Hopefully it gets leaked, i'm thinking this is one of the earliest builds of RE1 we know of.

There is also a few other builds out there, including another full debug build.
drunkdog306

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are some possible builds that are still out there... and ones i know are out there...

Ones i know that are out there for sure...

the co op build, we've seen videos of it, we know its real.

There is also a build referred to as "MAXIMUM" that is said to be out there forsure.

Another debug menu build, probably with the feature to switch threw weapons in the inventory screen, kinda like the re2 released beta.

Here are some possible builds that may be out there...

Zombie in the piano room build ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQhLK0Mgyf8

-Wesker in the PLANT42 room.... (can't find the picture, ii will post it when i do )

-We also have this build, the inventory screen is similar to the second alpha release but a few things are different, people are saying this is the maximum build... Note the real picture of Chris, on the left picture there is an arrow pointing down, possibly hinting that you can hold more then the set amount of items.

http://survivhor.biohazardfrance.net/RE1/BETA02/02/index.html

Here's one more possible build i'v possibly found while doing research....

The zombie at the beginning (where he is eating Jills buddy) has a white coat, not green, also look at the inventory, the numbers are digital, it even looks like the one pistol on the top right has an infinite icon near it. If you also look at the secret plant room (same area as the inventory on the same picture ) it's unfinished. Any build we got, we either can't get into that secret room and if we can it's finished.

It's very possible some of these builds are all from the same build but time will tell.
Deadguy2322

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon wrote:
Deadguy2322 wrote:

I hope this is sarcasm.

Anyways, someone over at the TCRF forums found some unused menu graphics in the August proto. There are four character images (instead of the final's two) and text for what looks like commands for another player. Check it out.

Of course it was sarcasm. I hope that asshole dies from blood loss after being anally violated by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
neomerge

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAUGHING OUT LOUD @ mentioning Playstation Museum. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: