Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

Kunio's last name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Kunio's last name Reply with quote

Did Technos ever say what Kunio's last name was? And Riki's? It's for something I'm planning to make, and I'll be DAMNED if I use Crash Cooney. :P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kunio doesn't have a last name. Technos never gave him one. In the Downtown Nekketsu games, where most of the characters are given full names, Kunio is just plain Kunio.

Riki on the other hand, his full name Samejima Riki (in the surname/given name order). At some point he was called "Hibari Riki" in the very first Kunio-kun game, but that was an alias apparently.
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Kunio's last name Reply with quote

Kitsune wrote:
I'll be DAMNED if I use Crash Cooney. :P

Hey, c'mon Kitsune. You're trippin'. You know Crash is just such a powerful, urban name. I mean, STRAIGHT UP. FO SHIZZLE. And Cooney... oh snap, it's just THA BOMB. Word.

Americanization, gotta love it. ;) Heh... Crash 'n the Boys. If it had been made nowadays, I'm quite sure it would be Crash 'n the Boyz Vendetta: EXTREME Street Challenge.
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Kunio's last name Reply with quote

Richter Belmont wrote:
If it had been made nowadays, I'm quite sure it would be Crash 'n the Boyz Vendetta: EXTREME Street Challenge.

You mean X-TREME Street Challenge. Correct spelling is so yesterday.
ManekiNeko
FURRY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Kunio was named after Technos of Japan's president, and his last name was Taki. So the logical assumption is that Kunio's last name is Taki.

JR
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManekiNeko wrote:
Well, Kunio was named after Technos of Japan's president, and his last name was Taki. So the logical assumption is that Kunio's last name is Taki.

JR

Only it's not. Taki is the president's last name. Kunio (the character) has no surname, period. Don't confuse the real life individual with the character (it's like the difference between Joel Robinson and Joel Hodgson).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: