Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

Real Zelda? + more

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICEknight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Real Zelda? + more Reply with quote

Please tell me that the Real Zelda pic on this site is just an amazing hoax, and not a canned game...
http://trance14.hp.infoseek.co.jp/neta.htm

I'm not sure if the other stuff besides the tiny Mother 3 pic is of any interest as I don't know much about those games...
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all look fake to me.
nateJC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, my opinion is that all this stuff is fake. Fake. Fake. Fake. If anyone's interested, however, I posted a list of (supposed) titles that this guy has on his page. Anyone else find it suspicious that some mysterious company called "Chun Soft" created over half these games? Hmmmmm... Also, I went to Chun Soft's web site, www.chunsoft.co.jp, they are a real developer but I don't see any of these games on their site. Of course the site's not in English and I don't know much Japanese, but the pictures didn't even look right. I dunno for sure, but I smell a rat.

-n

• Zelda - I don't know where to begin on how fake this looks. The "status bars" are obvious Photoshop layers. The interface itself is just ludicrous (Note the awkward lettering on "swim" and the funky harpoon thing that's half off its button!) Plus, the whole thing looks like someone spent too much time in the underwater parts of Metal Gear Solid. Bleh!
  • Chrono Storm (gotta love the cheezy Times New Roman text at the bottom of the "package")
  • Star Ocean Online
  • Chrono Break
  • ??? (The file name is called "Kamakanzen" so I'm going with that for the name of the game)
  • Romancing SaGa 4
  • Kamaitati no Somethingorother 2 (can't read the last Kanji, sorry)
  • Final Fantasy 7,8,9 - If this is supposed to be all three games in one set, that's just crap. No way you could do that without it costing a lot of discs and money, even on a PS2 DVD-ROM.
  • Otogiriso
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 (I guess this is supposed to be Sons of Liberty?)
  • Mother 3. - Fake. Gotta be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ancient Oldie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, SquareEnix had been developing Chrono Break, which was supposed to be part 3 of the series and a release date was set sometime late this year, but unfortunately Square has halted production of the game, so it isn't known if it will be released or not. RPGamer has the same poster that was on that site and some other in game screen shots.

As for Mother 3 (Earthbound 64), it had been canned a while back, and IGN has an article with pics of the canceled game that look similar to the one on the site.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That page is really nothing more than a collection of conceptual screenshots (i.e: fake game ideas) that appeared in the print media and not actual games. For example, that MGS2 screenshot is from an April Fool prank for the now-defunct GameNow magazine. The author never claimed that they came from actual prototypes.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Square-Enix or Square NEVER developed anything related to a Chrono Cross sequel. They had just bought the name, or something. Recently they let go of the domain name and the trademark, so nothing will come of such a name.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ancient Oldie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitsune wrote:
Square-Enix or Square NEVER developed anything related to a Chrono Cross sequel. They had just bought the name, or something. Recently they let go of the domain name and the trademark, so nothing will come of such a name.

True. Those pics were probably just media hype.
B-zero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think that for a smart company like Square-Enix, after making two of the best roleplaying games ever, making a third would be somewhere high on their "to do" list. Let's face it,"Final Fantasy" is the beauty queen sister to "Chrono's" meek, brainy sibling with a good personality.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a lurker on this board for sometme, but this recent conversation about Chrono Break has prompted me to to respond.

It's kinda sad to see Chrono Break go, but remember Chrono Cross ties up all the major lose ends from Chrono Trigger. I suppose ypu could do a third game, but it would screw up an already complex storyline. What would the game be about, Kid searching for Surge?

PS - Ancient Oldie, I love your icon.
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all fake, more specifically Romancing Saga 4. I've read up on this particular hoax right after it was exposed...

Basically, it was done by a fan site/forum of some sort in Japan. The game was advertised to have music done by J-gothgarbageRock group Malice Mizer (Ironically, shortly after this fake ad was posted, Malice Mizer officially announced their disbanding). As well, Square took some sort of legal action against whoever made this hoax.

Very well constructed I might add... Already a better game than Unlimited Saga XD

As for Chrono Break, only the trademarked name was dropped... that could mean anything, including a renaming.
Tetsuo

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Japanese under the Star Ocean Online says "April Fools".
MGS2 ones say something about being from "Substance".
Mother 3 one says something about it being of "uncertain origin".

Can't be arsed battling through the others.
Beeshu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flaw is the recurring theme of the obstructive map in the lower-left hand corner in both the Zelda and Metal Gear Solid screenshots. It seems too much like an artist's recurring theme, and it wouldn't be too surprising to learn that they were done by the same person. Otherwise, someone's got some good Photoshop skills and, likely, a Wacom tablet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: