Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm

Semi-official rare Famicom cart dumps found on the Internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingMike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Semi-official rare Famicom cart dumps found on the Internet Reply with quote

Skrybe's post below has the links.

I found some "NonGoodNES" sets containing a ton of dumps not found in the GoodNES set.
Most of them are just prepatched hacks as well as some unlicensed/pirate games.
I have included a few official games here, as I think those would be of interest to many here.
I think these a few of these are EXTREMELY rare Famicom carts.

Mobile Suit Z Gundam: Final Version
Mr. Splash (I know it's technically a homebrew, but I think it is at least somewhat notable since some store actually used it for a competition and it was given away as a prize. I'm not certain if this "Columbia Version" is the original)
My Computer TV (Sharp C1 TV BIOS?)
Radac Tailor-Made (used as a bicycle shop ordering thing)
Safety Rally
Sharp Famicom Titler (I think this may have been previously posted here)

Excited to see some "Back to the Future IV" bootleg. Too bad it turns out it's just a title hack of Meta Fight.

Last edited by KingMike on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh cool, Mr. Splash!
etabeta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, those carts really came out of nowhere (I first saw them posted by a chinese guy which periodically releases packs of hack and new dumps, but I have no info on the source)

concerning Mr. Splash, the Columbia versions appears to be really the original game, while the other versions are hacks containing levels built by BBS members, according to the website of the developer ( http://akiba.geocities.jp/consolehomebrewprogramming/download/index.html )

more info I collected for the MESS software list

Code:
This was included in the DVD release of a 2008 Japanese TV show describing the creation of a Famicom game.
It was also distributed in form of Famicom carts, whose checksums (according to the developer website) match this set
Also available (in form of IPS patches from the dev) some hacks featuring alt. levels: Mondo21 hack, gg version & Meteor version
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, and definitely a surprise. Some of those, like Tailor-Made, I really didn't anticipate getting dumped.
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Splash is a surprisingly decent game, considering it's a homebrew. Could have easily passed for an official title back in the day.
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice surprise. Most of these games I wasn't really expecting to ever get released. They tend to go for thousands of dollars.

The final version of Gundam - Hot Scramble is the most interesting one to me. I assumed it was exactly the same as the regular Hot Scramble except for the side scrolling bits being removed. Turned out to be a lot different than I thought. Seems you spend more of this version in outer space battles from what little I played. Also the music does sound a bit nicer in this one.

That Safety Rally game is kind of weird. What is the story behind that cart anyway? Is that game officially licensed?

Now if only we could see those Konami Q Adapter Space School games.
KingMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this one?
(something called Kikenbutsu no Yasashii Butsuri to Kagaku)
So... that white thing is a base cart and the grey thing is an adapter cart, that how it works?

Strange, I thought I remember reading it back when it was first posted as being like $500.
Guess I remember it wrong.
CheatMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stumbled onto this post today, and sadly MegaUpload was killed by DoJ so can anyone repost this pack to another fileshare host?
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing.
Kiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, late for the party here, huh?

A while back I upped some vids of me playing some of the recent "NonGood" ROMs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LxupaRwVTI&list=UUOXvfoAZZJhmDZw0boGkSYA&index=7&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1U8OVo0wPQ&list=UUOXvfoAZZJhmDZw0boGkSYA&index=6&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14YsDpVxRzw&list=UUOXvfoAZZJhmDZw0boGkSYA&index=5&feature=plcp
marvelus10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

etabeta wrote:
yeah, those carts really came out of nowhere (I first saw them posted by a chinese guy which periodically releases packs of hack and new dumps, but I have no info on the source)

concerning Mr. Splash, the Columbia versions appears to be really the original game, while the other versions are hacks containing levels built by BBS members, according to the website of the developer ( http://akiba.geocities.jp/consolehomebrewprogramming/download/index.html )

more info I collected for the MESS software list

Code:
This was included in the DVD release of a 2008 Japanese TV show describing the creation of a Famicom game.
It was also distributed in form of Famicom carts, whose checksums (according to the developer website) match this set
Also available (in form of IPS patches from the dev) some hacks featuring alt. levels: Mondo21 hack, gg version & Meteor version

Has anyone played this extensively to figure out the difference between each hack?
BFC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://kotaku.com/5100263/this-konami-famicom-game-is-crazy-expensive-rare

Didn't cah4e3 post an image of that cart's pcb a while ago? Maybe he dumped it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: