Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:16 am

UNRELEASED sega megadrive game- Bill's Tomato Game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volyren Nightsong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: UNRELEASED sega megadrive game- Bill's Tomato Game Reply with quote

Was cruising around ebay right after signing up for this site, and found this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bills-Tomato-Game-Sega-Megadrive-Genesis-Unreleased-Game-Psygnosis-/271050428966?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3f1bdd5226

I don't know if anyone here knows about this one, but the auction only has two more days and I thought this would be the perfect place for it.

It appears to be a child- age level game about two tomatoes trying to escape the ketchup factory. What is really funny (though this may be the seller's doing, as he mentioned making a jacket for the game) is that it appears that Hienz includes a "present" inlcuded with each game. (perhaps a ketchup packet or a coupon?)

Does this help the cause any?
Tongueman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game did get an Amiga release, so you can check that version out: http://hol.abime.net/118
GDRI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game has popped up on eBay before.
Volyren Nightsong

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, i thought it might be worth a try at least.
before i go and make another topic for it though (which apparently i did, by mistake), i had an idea i was wondering about.

Ive been thinking about making an ultimate game archive, not just for one system, but all cartridge based systems from the first atari to the n64. All roms, all versions, all translations, including post release fan translations. (With a seperate section for hacks, as that one will be constantly updated)

In addition to making a full archive of those games i want to create a front-end program to tie them all together. Nothing too fancy. I want a clean windows style interface where games are not seperated by system, but also by genre, publisher, year, etc. As the user defines. Each game will display ,where available, the front and back artwork from the game's case. If one cannot be found, then at least 2 screenshots of the game in their place. Pdf scans of the manual will be easily accessible, as will the game's page at gamefaqs, all from the game browser. All you have to do is double click the game, and it will launch in the emulator that the user has specified for the type of game.

I was wondering what you all thought of the idea, before i begin the design phase, as well as how hard you think it will be to create. The only thing the program will need to do is show images and call other programs, the rest is just design work. I do not have a lot of experience programming, but i figured it might be an easy program to do, in lets say, visual basic?
the program its self will not emulate anything. At startup, the payer will be asked to pick the emulators for each system and the path to the roms. After that, its going to function as described. (With one final warning on the first use of each emulator to remind the user to setup the controls and emu's settings)

I know its hard to deal with a ton of games and emus from many systems and not get them mixed up at least some of the time, and i hope to create a program which, coupled with the goodtools named roms of all cartridge system can become a user friendly interactive downloadable museum exihbit, complete with eventual links to wiki pages, trivia and the stories of the games development.

I have no delusions about the ammount of work this is going to be, and don't expect to complete it solo. I will put the call out to the communities for manual scans, people willing to write intros/dev stories, etc.
I do not intend to include ANY current gen titles, or any CD or Nintendo DS titles. The latest system i would use is GBA. I am also excluding computer games, due to the sheer multitude of them, the fact that they will always be ongoing, as well as size constraints.
this will be home consoles and handhelds, cartridge based only, with exceptions for sega cd and turbo grafix cds, as they were not "true" cd games.
its easy enough to download a full romset, but there is nowhere to get all games in one fell swoop, and that is what i plan on doing. And i will seperate the games by language as well as point out which ones have been translated after market by fans, so that the uninformed (in emulation) can know which titles they never would have had a chance to enjoy.

At any rate, the program would tie all of these roms together and provide easy access to nearly all available information about them all in one place. A downloadable playable museum. (At least for those with broadband and about 45 free GB....or 100GB+ with pdf scans)

Before i take time away from my hunting down pdf's and rare roms, i wanted to hear some opinions about the project, and whether or not anyone would enjoy it.

So, lemme have'em. Opinions, ideas, and just general suggestions. (I will type a detailed proposal later, im currently on a smartphone with a slide out keyboard, so its hard enough to get what i have up here already!)

Last edited by Volyren Nightsong on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already started a new topic about this. You seem ill-informed about what's already out there and ill-prepared to undertake a project like this, and you're not actually listening to the feedback you're getting, so please stop discussing it on my forums and take it elsewhere.
Volyren Nightsong

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, no need to be hostile.
Im working off a tiny little droid 2 global and i had thought that the original post i made (the "other" post i made) was on the ASSEMBLER forums. Not here.
as for the rest, im aware whats out there. Its not FREE. It doesnt do what I WANT.
I came for suggestions and opinions, not to be blasted or have my abilities or intelligence insulted. I don't know what i did to tick you off, but i don't think this is the place i thought it was.
my apologies.
its hard to juggle multiple pages on a smartphone. Again, sorry to have two topics on your board.
but i will leave your boards alone.
Sorry to be a bother.
goodbye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: