Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:02 am

Twelve Tales: Conker 64 and Dinosaur Planet Videos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linquesan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Twelve Tales: Conker 64 and Dinosaur Planet Videos Reply with quote

Didn't see a thread on this - it's a couple days old, but I am curious to see what you guys think!

http://rareminion.com/twelvetales.html

As far as I can tell, information on how this video was obtained is scant. Unfortunately it seems like this is an old VHS recording, judging from the occasional tracking, so the source of this video probably doesn't have a cartridge or anything.

He also posted even more stuff about Dinosaur Planet, including an hour long video of gameplay from a N64 build and a lot of incredible information, like development assets - sketches, models, bios, story, etc.
billscat-socks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's likely a tape given to press back then. You can identify some of the exact same footage in this video in other videos on Youtube that have been out there for a long time now.

I've already said enough elsewhere, all I can say is I hope a cartridge reveals itself someday. I'd be all over it and of course get it properly dumped.
KingMike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unlikely a proto cart will turn up.
An article on Nintendo Player revealed Rare's dev process: they liked to store the ROMs on a PC and then transfer the data over to a RAM cart in the console for testing.
So, you'd probably need to find one of Rare's old PCs, and also assume it still works and that Rare was careless enough to not wipe it.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but there were E3 demos that were probably burned to cart, so it's not like carts never existed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: