Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:39 am

NES Virus (Dr. Mario prototype) rom released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xkeeper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrybe wrote:
Patience. I have the carts, and have safely dumped them. When I have some down time, I'm going to upload the tech info to bootgod's database, then I'll post the roms.

No worries, it'd just been a while since the last update and I was getting worried.
Pemdawg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is bootgod's database one of the most interesting things to come out of the NES scene in years? Wonder if it will eventually expand to Playchoice boards, or maybe someone will license the system to log other platforms (Atari 2600, SNES, Sega Genesis.)
Xkeeper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, one question that's been in the back of my brain for a while. Now that you have them and dumped 'em...

Skrybe wrote:
Actually, I recently bought those three Virus/Dr. and one of the roms he sent was definitely bad

Was this actually a bad cart or was it just a bad dump? You didn't say anything about it, so I'm hoping it was just a bad dump.
Evan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pemdawg wrote:
Is it just me, or is bootgod's database one of the most interesting things to come out of the NES scene in years? Wonder if it will eventually expand to Playchoice boards, or maybe someone will license the system to log other platforms (Atari 2600, SNES, Sega Genesis.)

The SNES has been pretty well logged by byuu and others in the SNES emulation scene. I kind of wanted to do that on SNES Central, but I just am swamped with my work and social life (plus the Australian summer is unforgiving).
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xkeeper wrote:
Was this actually a bad cart or was it just a bad dump?

Just a bad dump, the cart is fine.

Pemdawg wrote:
Is it just me, or is bootgod's database one of the most interesting things to come out of the NES scene in years?

Definitely, and I'm very grateful for the huge amount of effort that he's put into it. He's said before that he's trying to write it so it's adaptable to other systems, so a similar database for the Genesis/SNES/whatever isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free time has been fleeting lately, but I did manage to upload a profile for one of the three protos, for those of you who'd like to see some scans. That particular copy is the later of the two builds that still contain the dog and nurse.
Xkeeper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the thread title "NES Virus (Dr. Mario prototype) rom released" in my e-mail and thought it was released.

Interesting profile, but nothing really seems out of the ordinary for it. Weird how it says "Tetris" on the front, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: