Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

Regarding the cancelled "Magic of Scherawossname"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dais

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Regarding the cancelled "Magic of Scherawossname" Reply with quote

I don't suppose any of you gaming magicians and geniuses would happen to know about the cancelled NES sequel and/or SNES prequel to the classic Culture Brain action-RPG?
Li Wang
SnHX WiIYrd
SnHX WiIYrd

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no real known information or screenshots of the games. The Japanese title for the SNES version was Scheherazade Legend: The Prelude. Apparently there were also Gameboy and Playstation sequels planned at some point. The PS1 version was going to be called Scheherazade Legend: Empire of Gold.
Dais

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez! That's a lot of cancelled ideas.

Thanks for the info.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the original SNES game based on an old arabian story? The name sounds familiar... but I'm not sure why.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dais

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original was actually an NES game called Magic of Scheherazade (or Arabian Dream Scheherazade, which is reportedly quite different from the American release), and it's based around the 1,001 nights story...

You know, the one where the vizier's daughter begs of the king to let her be the next virgin bride/sacrifice (he takes a wife each day, and beheads each one), in attempt to stop the fiendish practice by telling the king part of a story each night and leaving the end out, so he has to keep her alive. After 1,001 nights/stories, the king stopped being such an asshole and spared her life.

The NES game has quite a different take on it - a good Sultan's kingdom is overrun with demons led by the evil wizard Sabaron, who seeks to rule the land and take the Sultan's daughter (Scheherazade) for his own. The main character is the true love of (Scheherazade), and the descendant of the hero/sorcerer Isfa (may be another Arabian reference), and fights againt the demons, but is tossed back in time yada yada it's time to KICK ASS AND SMACK BANDITS.
lordmrw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember in the April 1992 issue of Gamepro, the one with Michael Jordan on the cover, they had a large summer game preview, and the Snes sequel of Magic of Scheherezade was eing called the Golden Empire at the time. Thats all I ever saw on it. Damn shame too, as Scheherezade is probably my favorite Nes game of all time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: