Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 pm

Update The Site

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treeman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Update The Site Reply with quote

I really had high hopes for this site. A few days late is excusable some of the time, but The month is 2/3s over and still nothing. It's not hard to just write up the articles and update the site, 50 days since the first release is MORE than enough time for a handful of articles. Very disappointing...
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize, and will issue your refund immediately.
Ballz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still for the idea of having it be bi-monthly, or perhaps, no rigid schedule at all.
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha ha ha. You said "bi."
PowerPadMan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also majorly agree. If your not going to work on a site. Dont do it at all.
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you guys talking about?? The Black Tiger update was on 9/17...try refreshing/reloading your browser.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerPadMan wrote:

If you're not going to learn the language correctly, please don't use it at all.
Ballz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeg wrote:
PowerPadMan wrote:

If you're not going to learn the language correctly, please don't use it at all.

I am in agreeance with this assessment.
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a difference between "not working on a site" and missing deadlines/re-organizing the release structure.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerPadMan wrote:

1. Your is not you're.

2. You're a dumbass.

3. "Working on a site" is more often than not doing things behind the scenes, like writing the stories and designing/implementing the layout. "Working on a site" generally is not ripping off all your content from nesworld.

4. I've been bitching about everything being late since the second of the month, so, really, shut your trap and go look a little smarter.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Update The Site Reply with quote

treeman wrote:
I really had high hopes for this site. A few days late is excusable some of the time, but The month is 2/3s over and still nothing. It's not hard to just write up the articles and update the site, 50 days since the first release is MORE than enough time for a handful of articles. Very disappointing...

Blah blah whine whine.

Getting interviews and writing up articles when you're going to school and working full time is harder than you might think. Sure, many people manage to do it on time, but, surprise! We didn't. This is a learning experience if anything.

The site WILL be updated, and it will be updated soon. Until then, when you have a complaint over something free, try to actually be constructive or polite instead of insulting and you'll perhaps get back a reason (no, not an excuse) for lateness, and you won't be regarded as an ass hole.

Who's next? I could kill you idiots with kindness all day.
Ernster
BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I dont want to sounds ungrateful and I know it can be hard running a site when u have a life offline.

Like many of the other members I have sensed a negative point of lost levels. It was only about a month ago and the site and forums were pumping. The site was honestly my favourite site on the internet and the thought of more updates really excited me.

Unfortunataly at the moment the site seems to be dead. Im not sure if its the lack of updates or what, but Im sure if you just stick with it, things will go back to how they once were.Good luck :D
Ballz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was assigned to do an article for deadline, but due to a number of circumstances I couldn't work on the article at all. Shit happens, neh?

It should be noted that this is a brand new site, and we're still trying to get our pacing down. We know what needs to be done, it all comes down to having the time to do it. This is not our profession, it's our hobby. Not all of us have the free time to complete some things in a timely manner (I know I don't, but I don't feel like I need to give excuses to any of the naysayers on this board). We're not just gonna throw any piece of tripe to make the kiddies satisfied. We'll put up content when we feel satisfied it is ready to be put up.
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and, to add to what Ballz says in the above post, there is a certain loose order to what we are going to be releasing when. It's not just a question of "throwing something together" to meet some kind of deadline for the website. Once things are ironed out, though, there will be some kind of deadline. Interesting, no?
nixon
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to sum it all up:

Sorry updates havn't happened. We've got lives outside Lost Levels. Yes, they are coming. Yes, we don't get paid to do this so our paid jobs do take precidence. Yes, there will be more quality updates in the future. Big one there. Quality. We want good quality articles up here, and that does take time to write. So articles are easier to write, some are harder. Copyediting takes time. Ernster, PowerPadMan and treeman, yes, you will get articles. Yes we are committed to doing them. Yes, we will have interesting things to read and see here. No, we are not "hording" games and laughing at all the people who don't have them. We WILL be showing these things, but we want the games to be appreciated and the story of them told, and not for them to be the "prototype of the week" release program here.

Thank You,

The Management
Ernster
BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that sounds great. I hope I didnt offend anyone, my post was pretty clear. I look foward to future updates and keep that NES content coming! :D
nixon
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, there will be, but our focus is not only on NES but on all systems, so look for other good things from them.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: