Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

HALGHLUAHGLUAHGL

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treeman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: HALGHLUAHGLUAHGL Reply with quote

Since this site is basically dead, you should at least make an update stating that you can not live up to the standards that you have placed upon yourselves. This is a quote from the main page "Each month we'll bring you stories from industry insiders, collectors, and hobbyists about those unfortunate projects that never saw life on store shelves."

I'm sorry, can you repeat that? Did you write "Each Month?" I know September sucks, but it's still a month.

Look, we all have lives, but the size of articles and the fact that you have an EXTREMELY LIMITED amount of them, says that you are not putting any real work into the site.

I manage a MASSIVE website, much bigger than this site could ever dream to be, yet I have a full time career as an editor. I also spend time with friends and my fiancée, I go clubbing in NYC all the time, I have a side business that I run, I also clean my apartment bi-weekly (which can get out of control and if you guys ever get a girl, you'll know that you have no choice but to clean) and I go to different geographically stunning locations all the time. I also like to visit abandoned places, plus I write astronomical and temporal theories that are recognized by leaders in the physics field. All of this and I still manage to make time for the TV, video games and the movie theater, including time to relax and work on my website.

So if you're trying to convince people that your "lives" are the reason you can't write 2 small articles, then you must either think that you are excellent liars or you simply believe that your readers are imbeciles. Either way, this site makes promises that it cannot keep and regardless of whether this is a "labor of love" or not, that is not the way to conduct yourselves if you wish to be taken serious.

You have a group of people working on the site (according to your "About Lost Levels" section), yet they cannot produce results in a timely manner. In the "real world" those people would have been relieved of their positions a while ago.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: This is B.S. Reply with quote

I'm going to reply before this gets out of hand. Would the rest of you mind kindly shutting your traps? Thanks.

treeman wrote:
Since this site is basically dead, you should at least make an update stating that you can not live up to the standards that you have placed upon yourselves.

This website is not "dead." It isn't anything near, I assure you. So in that regard, you are incorrect.

In saying that I'm unable to live up to the standards I've placed upon myself, I'd say that you are absolutely correct. I can't do this monthly, all by myself, to the level of quality that I'd be satisfied with.

I've avoided saying this for a while now, as I'd rather not reveal just how much of an amateur I am in this field, but it has to be said. The format of the site has to change. You'll be the first to know that Lost Levels now works as follows:

The online portion of Lost Levels will be updated with new articles and news entries on an unscheduled basis. Articles will be published if and when I feel they are ready, with no SET deadline, though I don't foresee any further difficulties in publishing at least three a month. I promise.

The print version of Lost Levels will be published as a quarterly 'zine, collecting previously-published articles (often with new artwork and graphics), new articles, and some exclusive editorial pieces. The second issue should be out around December or January, the first has been privately available since August 9th.

We will also publish an annual guide to unpublished video games, in a collector's guide database-like style. The first is still a long way's away. These annuals will, again, collect previous articles, new articles, and exclusive editorial pieces, along with the aforementioned printed database of any lost games we have information on.

Quote:
I'm sorry, can you repeat that? Did you write "Each Month?" I know September sucks, but it's still a month.

I know, I know. I have no excuse, and I apologize for letting you down.

Quote:
In the "real world" those people would have been relieved of their positions a while ago.

Be happy you've never seen one of my shitfits behind the scenes.

Anyway. Thank you for your concern, and for your support(?). But mainly, thank you for forcing me to speak out and explain what's going on. I'm sure your opinions aren't exclusive.

Things are looking up around here. You'll see.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: