Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 pm

Are there lists of "confirmed/unconfirmed betas" o
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dais

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Are there lists of "confirmed/unconfirmed betas" o Reply with quote

That topic about the RE games got me wondering if any of you has access to some super special list that tells what games, cancelled or otherwise, have been confirmed or even rumored to have various betas floating around in some state of existence.

I ask this question partly out of my desire to annoy others with bothersome requests, and partly out of the pure unbridled lust that I am filled with whenever I look at the Galactic Defender/Super Chinese World 2 boxart.
Dais

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It cut me off, and I'm not sure what it cut off.

Dammit.
Li Wang
SnHX WiIYrd
SnHX WiIYrd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've kind of been working on something like that. No prototype of Galactic Defenders has been discovered.
Evan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The snes list I made up is pretty good, but unknown games that are not on the list pop up from time to time.
Nemesis556

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Evil 2 Beta Version 2 is out there.
Resident Evil 1 Beta is also

There are 3 copies of RE Zero on N64, but only some people have them, and they aren't in ROM form.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Nemesis... Reply with quote

Nemesis, where does your info come from? I would really like to learn more.
Nemesis556

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have my connections ^_^
I'm only a n00b when it comes to these Resident Evil Betas, compared to the other people out there in the RE Community. I have strongn ties to the RE community...well most of them anyway.
Did you ever hear of a website called White umbrella?
I mainly collect my information from Capcom themselves.
It's extremely interesting to me, I love the things that were scrapped for a final release (Hence my CT3 Topic).

A friend of mine I worked on a website for, he found someone who owned the Biohazard Zero N64 Prototype. He was going to pay over 1000 CA Dollars for it. The guy however, wouldn't sell it. Resident Evil 1.5, however, is a different story. It has never been released, and there are no apparent versions floating around.

This N64 BH0 protoype, was found in the most funniest of places. One I can rememeber is some guy found one in Capcom's dumpster after E3, so he had himself copy, although it wasn't complete. I'm sure if someone were to sell their cartridge on eBay, they'd make a hefty amount.

Here's a preview version of Resident Evil 2, it features a few things not found in the final version...
ftp://207.150.192.12/ResidentEvil2Demo.zip (62MB)
ftp://207.150.192.12/Biohazard_-_Director's_Cut_-_Complete_Disc_(PSX-J).rar (180MB)
Username: Forgott1
Password: Blood1

If I am not supposed to post these links, please tell me and I'll remove them immediately. Or a mod can remove them as well.

Oh yes, Resident Evil 2 Version 2 Beta is publicly available. You'll find it anywhere, it'll be up shortly I hope, i can't find a link yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mia D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The username:password doesn't work for me. :(
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemesis556 wrote:
He was going to pay over 1000 CA Dollars for it.

Or about $5 US.
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

You know, you would be surprised what you find dumpter diving. Or lying around in the halls of major corporations...
Evan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeg wrote:
Nemesis556 wrote:
He was going to pay over 1000 CA Dollars for it.

Or about $5 US.

I would laugh so hard if some American came to Canada and tried to pay for a $1000 item for $5 US.
ClamIAm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan wrote:

I would laugh so hard if some American came to Canada and tried to pay for a $1000 item for $5 US.

Hey, I didn't know that much about exchange rates, okay?
treeman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn it, I tried to download them too late, links don't work...
c0rderr0y

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that the video where claire is a blonde? i've been looking for that version for a while...... i can't see the video ... so i cant tell....
Jonnymaru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blond is not Claire. That's a totally different character named Eliza Walker.
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonnymaru wrote:
The blond is not Claire. That's a totally different character named Eliza Walker.

It's Elza Walker (no i). As you may know, she was originally conceived to be the female lead in RE2 before Claire was added in the second version to tie the sequel with the first game. Many aspects of Elza were carried over to Claire, such as their love for motorbikes, but Elza had no relationship with anyone from the previous game.
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Undaunted wrote:
As you may know, she was originally conceived to be the female lead in RE2 before Claire was added... Elza had no relationship with anyone from the previous game.

Actually, that isn't entirely true.

The way the storyline was supposed to unfold, was that Elza was revealed to be Claire once you got to a certain point in the game. Capcom dropped the Elza aspect altogether though, and just went with standard Claire instead.
Lakmir

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm... pretty sure that one of the Shadowrun SNES dumps out there is a prototype. Either that or someone hacked it...

Regardless, the dialogue tends to be a bit more graphic in one of them, although I don't remember which. Specifically, there's one character who basically propositions the character for sex in the might-be proto, although it never actually goes anywhere beyond that :) There are a few more changes, but I don't remember them offhand.

"Yeah... in the morning."
"Yeah, Sam."
Li Wang
SnHX WiIYrd
SnHX WiIYrd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakmir wrote:
I'm... pretty sure that one of the Shadowrun SNES dumps out there is a prototype. Either that or someone hacked it...

Regardless, the dialogue tends to be a bit more graphic in one of them, although I don't remember which. Specifically, there's one character who basically propositions the character for sex in the might-be proto, although it never actually goes anywhere beyond that :) There are a few more changes, but I don't remember them offhand.

"Yeah... in the morning."
"Yeah, Sam."

Dude...WHERE? The only change I was aware of in that version of the rom was the reference to "the chop shop guys" instead of "the morgue guys". I was trying to dump the scripts a little while ago but they're compressed or something. Whatever that eariler version is, it can't be too far from the final if it isn't indeed just a dump from the first batch of carts.

Seriously, anyone who gets the internet an early Shadowrun prototype gets a big plate of cookies.
Lakmir

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same one you're talking about. The character you're looking for is Kitsune, the fox-girl singer who you can hire as a runner (no relation to the one from the scene.) I'm not that far, though. I'm pretty sure it's the chop-shop version that has the change in it.

She's a lot more forward with Jake than I think Nintendo would've liked :p

Edit: Blast. You're right, the scripts are packed, but they're a streaming packed -- in other words, it just decompresses what it needs when it needs instead of large blocks at a time. If it did the latter, I could've gotten you the exact string :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: