Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 pm

Crimson Dragon Xbox 360 version (Now Xbox One exclusive)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dimmujed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Crimson Dragon Xbox 360 version (Now Xbox One exclusive) Reply with quote

As you may know Crimson Dragon was going to be a Kinect based Xbox Live Arcade game that is now an Xbox One exclusive that uses controller and Kinect (at the same time?).

Anyways, Microsoft accidentally released a copy of the game via the Japanese Xbox Live Marketplace in December 2012. The window for grabbing said game was relatively small so very very few people have a copy.

I have acquired a full version of the game and came here to ask opinions on what I am allowed to do with such. As it has no plans of being released for the Xbox 360 as far as has been confirmed.

Would I be allowed to write about such? I've signed no NDA or the such. Could I post gameplay? There are videos of the demo out there but not the full game. If I had a video I'd make it clear this is still in development for the Xbox One and may not represent the final game at all, plus it is only Kinect based on the Xbox 360.

Opinions? Thoughts?
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the entire game? I thought it was just a demo that was leaked last year.

I'd definitely like to know more about it. I love that Panzer Dragoon stuff.
dimmujed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid Fenris wrote:
You have the entire game? I thought it was just a demo that was leaked last year.

I'd definitely like to know more about it. I love that Panzer Dragoon stuff.

Demos for XBLA is the full game just not unlocked. Where there is a will there is a way.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you'd be breaking any LAWS but you might get cease & desist notices, videos pulled, etc.

But that said, it's just not cool. Why would you spoil a game that isn't out yet? It might be fun to write about the original version after the new one is out, to compare them, but what is the point of blowing that information out before the game's supposed to be released?
dimmujed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
I don't think you'd be breaking any LAWS but you might get cease & desist notices, videos pulled, etc.

But that said, it's just not cool. Why would you spoil a game that isn't out yet? It might be fun to write about the original version after the new one is out, to compare them, but what is the point of blowing that information out before the game's supposed to be released?

Exclusivity. It is hard to make it in this industry without SOMETHING exclusive on our site. I don't want to ruin the story or anything like that for anyone. And I don't feel like blowing our YouTube partnership over this either. Perhaps closer to Xbox One launch it wouldn't be such a big deal. I'd hate to do anything to tarnish the games chances at sales.

From what I've played I'm really glad they are switching to controller with optional kinect stuff it sounds like. Flapping my arm over and over right to left to continue in lengthy dialogue doesn't sound like good design.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want exclusivity then stop wasting time reviewing stuff and start calling people on the phone and talking to them instead.

Not being a jerk! That's actual advice from someone who was paid to do this for almost ten years and has edited big sites like Gamasutra and 1UP.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, find your niche and fill it. You've got all these general news stories and reviews and stuff, and it's all the same content that you will get on every other video game website. Why would I read a story about the PS4 release date on your site instead of Kotaku or whatever? Think about these things, put your own unique spin on the news, have a stance and write analyses more than hard facts. Even the sites with huge financial backing are losing every day by chasing straight up news and reviews like it's still the 90s, why are you doing this too?

Sorry, I know you're not looking for advice, I've just spent way too long thinking about this stuff and I will go off at the slightest prompt...
dimmujed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
Also, find your niche and fill it. You've got all these general news stories and reviews and stuff, and it's all the same content that you will get on every other video game website. Why would I read a story about the PS4 release date on your site instead of Kotaku or whatever? Think about these things, put your own unique spin on the news, have a stance and write analyses more than hard facts. Even the sites with huge financial backing are losing every day by chasing straight up news and reviews like it's still the 90s, why are you doing this too?

Sorry, I know you're not looking for advice, I've just spent way too long thinking about this stuff and I will go off at the slightest prompt...

I do appreciate your comment. And you are 100% right. I mean we have editorials and a few original series, but yeah as of late we are really following the pack. And I am looking for advice. I thought just having a diverse team that is well written would be enough, but is proving to not be. I mean most of our team is female and LGBT males.

There has to be something we can do differently but I'm not sure where to begin. We need to find something. Though I do have a series in mind that is more about developing games with diverse characters and doing animations with voice overs. The goal being to show that diverse characters can work and will draw attention, hopefully showing publishers we don't just need straight white dudes with guns.

I welcome any and all feedback and criticism openly. I've been coming to this site for a long time and respect your opinion a great deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: