Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

SNES/SFC Cart Restoration/Translation Services?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: SNES/SFC Cart Restoration/Translation Services? Reply with quote

I talked to Leon of http://www.nesreproductions.com about translating and polishing my copy of Final Fantasy III for Famicom (I did also inquire about what I'd need as a donor if I were to go about getting a repro of BMF's Hebereke translation; you were right, BMF, I'd have to use a Sunsoft Famicom cart, Batman RotJ for NES will not work.) I'm probably going to have FF3 done as soon as I can get my office/man cave cleared out. Which will be after my exam tomorrow, I guess.

Last week, I won an untested copy of Romancing Saga 3 (label is in terrible shape) for a penny and $3 shipping. Should it actually work (I'm not optimistic), I'd like to get it restored and translated in the same manner as FF3 FC, along with a few other Super Famicom games I have.

Thing is, Leon doesn't do cart restorations outside of the NES/FC realm. I'd love to find someone who offers similar services for SNES/SFC carts, but all I can find are repro sellers. And I'd rather not pay for a game I already legally own... in some cases, multiple versions.

So, does anyone happen to know of a person who does this kind of thing for SNES/SFC carts?
Evan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, there is no completed fan translation of Romancing Saga 3, so you are likely out of luck on that front.

Really, my suggestion is not to bother with expensive reproductions, and instead get a flash cart. For $80, you can get a Super Everdrive, which can play most SNES games, including fan translated games.
Ichiban Crush

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I just wanted to make people lose their damn minds to see a game known for not being in English in English without the use of an emulator (the patch that's being used for FF3 isn't either of the ones on RHDN.)

I was considering MAKING a flashcart and designing it myself... but I have a lot on my plate as it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: