Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 pm

Mr Gimmick proto NTSC cart question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
super.solid.snake

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Mr Gimmick proto NTSC cart question Reply with quote

Hey I'v been a long time lurker hear but never had a reason to post till now.
I came across someone hear in Winnipeg selling what they calm to be a NTSC proto of Mr Gimmick.

Well this strikes me as suspicious as the ad they posted just had a stock photo of the game I went ahead and e-mailed them anyways asking if they could take photos of the cart and the PCB and they said they will send me photos of the cart and if i wanna come down and open it up I am more then welcome.

anyways now for my question are their any photos of a NTSC Mr Gimmick PBC? well i know what the obvious red flags to look for if its a repo I just wanna make sure it's legit before i drop some cash on it,witch brings me to my second question how much should I offer for it if it turns out to be legit?

I don't wanna rip someone off but I'm not the most wealthy collector out there and don't wanna pay a price that's not fair for both of us
Deadguy2322

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr Gimmick proto NTSC cart question Reply with quote

super.solid.snake wrote:
Hey I'v been a long time lurker hear but never had a reason to post till now.
I came across someone hear in Winnipeg selling what they calm to be a NTSC proto of Mr Gimmick.

Well this strikes me as suspicious as the ad they posted just had a stock photo of the game I went ahead and e-mailed them anyways asking if they could take photos of the cart and the PCB and they said they will send me photos of the cart and if i wanna come down and open it up I am more then welcome.

anyways now for my question are their any photos of a NTSC Mr Gimmick PBC? well i know what the obvious red flags to look for if its a repo I just wanna make sure it's legit before i drop some cash on it,witch brings me to my second question how much should I offer for it if it turns out to be legit?

I don't wanna rip someone off but I'm not the most wealthy collector out there and don't wanna pay a price that's not fair for both of us

Here, not hear and PCB, not PBC.
Mustard Broach

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr Gimmick proto NTSC cart question Reply with quote

Deadguy2322 wrote:

Here, not hear and PCB, not PBC.

That isn't a complete sentence.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a picture of a NTSC Mr. Gimmick proto PCB, but this is a PAL proto.
Evan

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to guess that he is probably peddling a reproduction. Why would a prototype of any game appear in Winnipeg?
KingMike

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very likely to be a repro.

But prototypes could turn up anywhere.
If my memory is right, didn't Chris Covell post something on one of his old pages about finding protos of both Zelda Oracle games in a pawn shop when he was living in Canada? Vancouver? Games couldn't have been that old then.
Evan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingMike wrote:
Very likely to be a repro.

But prototypes could turn up anywhere.
If my memory is right, didn't Chris Covell post something on one of his old pages about finding protos of both Zelda Oracle games in a pawn shop when he was living in Canada? Vancouver? Games couldn't have been that old then.

Vancouver is very close to Seattle, and has had several prominent video game studios (e.g. EA, Radical). Winnipeg is about as far from any other major city in North America as you can get.
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smell a scammer trying to peddle off a repro as proto. No pics? No proto. No bueno. Applies to ANYTHING I see on eBay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: