Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

A wild Galaxy 5000 appears!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pemdawg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: A wild Galaxy 5000 appears! Reply with quote

A gentleman who does NES2 toploader mods and refurbs just posted this on his YouTube channel. We should contact him. He is not planning on keeping it, and will be dumping it via CopyNES (he also dumped several copies of Racermate Challence recently.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8fzhq7YSZs

It's Galaxy 5000.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more interested in those Racermates, personally! All three versions he referenced in the video are undumped. I've contacted him, I'll let you know what he has to say.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the lack of updates on this. I contacted the guy and walked him through getting good dumps of both the Racermates and Galaxy 5000; his initial dumps of both were incorrect. Galaxy 5000 is different from retail, the CRCs of both the PRG and CHR are different. He doesn't plan on releasing it, though:
GameTech wrote:
(...) if I sell the proto I may give them to the new owner to with as they please.

He did post Racermate dumps at NintendoAge. You have to be logged in to see them. I'm pretty confident that the 5.01.033 dump is good, but the 6.02.001 dump was made with an old plugin, using a cart he no longer has. I haven't done any looking to see if the data is salvageable. He's also got a 3.22.032 Racermate that's dumped but not public, because he's under the impression that it's one of a kind. I'm skeptical of that, but whatever.
Zucot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boss was a programmer on this game as well as a few other nes games. Happy to ask him any questions you might have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: