Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am

GameFAQs (and other gaming site and forums) idiots.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, that is hilarious. I wonder what would have happened if he played one of the many BS games that aren't emulated yet. I intend to eventually make a nice BS section for Snes Central, but that likely won't happen this summer.
rahga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked out SNES Central.... Continuing with the theme of people who are determined to contribute worthless content, there is an IMDB reviewer who thinks that "Robin Hood: Men In Tights is not quite as good as Robin Hood: Prince of Theves. The movie came out in 1993."

Thanks, Ross Paul Hewitt Robinson 1987. Your reviews are a lot like a book reports written by a 3rd grader afflicted with ADD. I am amazed at how many reviews you have written, and could only imagine how many IQ points I could drop if I read them all.

You are a real American hero... if you were American, that is. Not even yankees use the word "programme".

(Seriously, those reviews are a blast... I love watching people who think they are doing a worthwhile service for humanity.)
Johnny Undaunted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rahga wrote:
"Robin Hood: Men In Tights is not quite as good as Robin Hood: Prince of Theves. The movie came out in 1993."

Good God! What a retard! His comment about Cop & 1/2 is even more pathetic though:

This is a fantastic comedy movie. I saw this ages ago in 1993, Burt Renaolds is a fantastic actor. The kid who starred in this film played a god part well. I give this movie 10 out of 10 because i just think that everything in this movie is fantastic.

I'm not a grammar nazi, but if you're gonna contribute a review to a site, at least make it coherent. So the kid in the film was God? Who is Burt Renaolds? Is he like the bootleg knockoff of Burt Reynolds?
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of that guy's reviews are the same. That's the beauty of it!

Dante's Peak:
This was a fantastic movie. Pierce Brosnan and Linda Hamlton are fantastic actors. Pierce Brosnan plays a fantastic part as playing James Bond in the Bond Movies and Linda Hamlton is great of starring in both Terminator movies. I give Dante's peak a great score 10 out 10.

The Flintstones:
i enjoyed watching the flintstones movie, Its a yabba dabba doo movie. This movie was made in 1994, i remember seeing this movie when it first came out, i was only 7 years old and i thought this movie was a good idea to be made in a real life version from the cartoon, i like ti when movies are made fro cartoon and turned into proper verson (If all of you know what i mean) Like a real verson. I think Rick Morris and John Goodman are good actors, they both have made good movies apart from each other, i think Rick did a good job with the ghostbusters the honey I's (Shrunk, Blew, Shrunk ourselves) the little shop of horrors etc: and john goodman, with mosters inc, the borrowers and the comedy show Roseanne. I give this movie 10 out of 10.

Gordy:
Gordy was a fantastic movie when i watched it. I thought that babe was better. This movie was a similar type to Babe, but this one was a Disney movie as Babe was Universal. Gordy is a Cowboy movie style. i give this movie 10 out of 10.

Make your own rosspaulhewittrobinson1987 movie review:
[MOVIE TITLE] was a fantastic movie. [STARS OF MOVIE] are fantastic actors. [MAIN STAR] did a good job in [PAST MOVIES LEAD STAR PLAYED IN]. This movie is about [MAIN SUBJECT MATTER OF MOVIE]. I give this movie 10 out of 10.
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(Shrunk, Blew, Shrunk ourselves)

*immature titter*
Beeshu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god. I guess I hadn't ever taken the time to read through the slag churned out on IMDB. One guy initiated a thread where he went on for five paragraphs about how he has been critiquing movies for fifty years and that I, Robot was such a brilliant masterwork of a film that if you disdain it that you must be a blithering idiot. Oddly enough, that wasn't the dumbest post related to I, Robot:

"For all of you silly people who feel this movie is racist because the robots are white and being beaten by a black person, do you realize that if the robots were not white, say black, everyone would be in an uproar about some message about reistating african american slavery? its just ridiculous. its a movie people!"

We're making strides here, people.
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person who enjoyed the book (I, Robot) but absolutely refuses to see the movie?

I don't know if it is because of Will Smith's involvement or because nothing I have seen in any of the trailers reminds me of anything I read in the book. It has been awhile since I read the book though...
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

And I don't mind Will Smith, I'm just tired of Hollywood-ing the better works of science fiction and fantasy. The day I see Ender's Game, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, based on some book by some Card guy is the day that I... won't be going to see that movie, either.

Maybe if they did Umberto Eco's Focault's Pendulum starring John Cleese and Ashton Cutcher......

No.
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KlarthAilerion wrote:
No.

And I don't mind Will Smith, I'm just tired of Hollywood-ing the better works of science fiction and fantasy. The day I see Ender's Game, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, based on some book by some Card guy is the day that I... won't be going to see that movie, either.

Maybe if they did Umberto Eco's Focault's Pendulum starring John Cleese and Ashton Cutcher......

No.

Actually, OSC is pretty involved in the Ender Movie. Many moons ago he was bucking heavily for Haily Joel Osm- Sixth Sense Kid. I remember him talking about how when he saw Osmet in action he re-wrote the screenplay so that Ender was the main chara again. The current game plan for it is that it'll be based more off of the short story than the novel.
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody needs to tap into some of Jack Vance's stuff. Dying Earth, Big Planet maybe some of his Demon Princes stuff. Keep it low key, even direct-to-video. Unfortunately Vance is someone that probably won't get his due until he is dead. They guy is over 90 years old and blind and is still writing.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait until Salinger dies and they make a Catcher in the Rye starring half the cast of American Pie.
nateJC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KlarthAilerion wrote:
No.

No.

Oh NO! NO NO NO NO NO!

I am a big fan of OSC's sci-fi work, especially the Ender series. The day Leonardo DiCaprio plays Ender is the day all that is Good and Pure will have left the world. Enough said.

Gah!! Leonardo DiFreakinCaprio! Why?

-n
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was I the only one that thought they were making a movie about the old Atari arcade classic when they first announced I, Robot?

...Seriously, I can't be the only one. :?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Green Meanie wrote:
Was I the only one that thought they were making a movie about the old Atari arcade classic when they first announced I, Robot?

...Seriously, I can't be the only one. :?

I dunno, it always makes me think of the Alan Parsons Project album.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adaml wrote:
Am I the only person who enjoyed the book (I, Robot) but absolutely refuses to see the movie?

I don't know if it is because of Will Smith's involvement or because nothing I have seen in any of the trailers reminds me of anything I read in the book. It has been awhile since I read the book though...

I really really hate admitting to this, but, I saw I, Robot on Saturday night because we were downtown and I'm not about to fucking go clubbing, and it actually wasn't bad.

To me, it had that the-commercials-look-cool-so-you-know-it'll-be-crap feeling to it, but i tend to like sci-fi and blah blah blah, and the commercials DID look kind of cool.

What you need to realize about the movie is, 1. if you know the story you obviously won't be shocked or surprised at all, and 2. it's obviously just a bastardization, obviously not a real adaptation. If you know the basic plot and ideas of the original work, you know what's going to happen, and the reason you're really going to see this is because it's another public acceptance of sci-fi and it's cool to be a geek.. and the special effects/robots really are kinda cool.

Did I really want to see this/look forward to it? No, so maybe that's why I didn't think it was absolute crap.. but it really is not a terrible movie, and it doesn't drag at all.

(One interesting thing I read today, Will Smith has had four movies open with $50 million dollars in sales.. and all four of them were sci-fi movies. If that isn't black and (pasty) white unity, I don't know what is. :P )
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
I can't wait until Salinger dies and they make a Catcher in the Rye starring half the cast of American Pie.

The day they do that is the day I...

umm....

What Klarth said. There's nothing else you can do unfortunately. :P
rahga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, the screenplay was originally supposed to be a movie called "Hardwired". Numerous stories abound, but one way or another, Fox (AS FAR AS I KNOW) got the rights to the name I,Robot , mixed in a few book elements and character names and themes, changing the screenplay wherever they needed or wanted to.

Haven't seen the movie. That takes money.
Beeshu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened with I, Robot was that after years of speculation, Harlan Ellison was put on script duty around 1977. The script took a year of his life to write, and Asimov loved the way in which it came out. They were still his characters, and his initial ideas remained intact, but it was clearly another vision of his idea, which he loved.

When they were reviewing the script with the head of Warner Brothers, it became clear that the guy in charge (his name was Shapiro, I believe) had not read the script yet was still critiquing it albeit with great generality. Ellison clarified this by asking him about his thoughts on a specific scene, to which the reply was that it was "great; incredibly moving." Ellison then revealed that the scene was nowhere in the film and in addition accused of having the "mental capacity of an artichoke" and that he has twenty-four hours to read the script and write comments in pencil, in his own handwriting. After a while Ellison learned that he was off the project. They did, however, serialize the script in Asimov's science fiction magazine and it has also been published in book form with certian illustrated scenes by Mark Zug.

They tried getting different writers and directors involved, but none of them worked out. How, exactly, it ended up in the hands of the people behinf Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and The Crow remains anybody's guess.

At least you can set your watch to the Converse ads in I, Robot better than you could to the Atomic Clock.
numberonecubsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm shocked that someone took the time to find my worst review, one I threw together during lunch in high school, and use it as an example of how everyone who contributes to GameFAQs is a blithering idiot. Yes, I admit that when I wrote that review I put in no effort into it, nor did I bother to look into why the BS games had load times before I ripped the game for it. Ask any professional reviewer in any field what some of their early reviews were like. I'm certain that a vast majority of them will tell you the same thing: my early reviews were horrible. A lot of my early, short reviews on the site are crap. Looking at my recent reviews compared to my early ones from a few years ago.....there's no comparison.

So please, don't act all high and mighty because the internet is an open forum for any idiot to post what they want. I am not one of those idiots.
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

numberonecubsfan wrote:
So please, don't act all high and mighty because the internet is an open forum for any idiot to post what they want. I am not one of those idiots.

You did reply to a year-old thread, which doesn't help your case much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: