Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

Anyone, someone.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wonderbutt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Anyone, someone..... Reply with quote

Zombie forum? What gives?
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here. I've got a few things I want to release, but I'm also going back to college now. That's keeping me from giving these games the love they deserve at the moment. RL responsibilities seem to be what's keeping a lot of people from being as active as they'd like.

Here's one of the things in my backlog:

Color Dreams employees have claimed in interviews that this was the working title for Operation: Secret Storm, but this is the first time I personally know of a copy turning up that uses the old title. A quick look suggests that the title graphic is the only difference.
Pemdawg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check back every few days, but haven't had anything to post myself. It's a slow time of year. I'd imagine when tax time rolls around, and money starts flowing again we will see some crazy stuff.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just too busy doing other game stuff. I started this blog here:

http://gamepreservation.tumblr.com

And I worked on a game that has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times:

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/how-twitter-built-a-game-idarb/

And I'm working on another game that I can't talk about but that you're all probably interested in.

Also I'm thinking of starting a non-profit this year.
Evan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have a few things that I have yet to put up, but they are so close to final that I haven't worked up the energy to make an article. I've been trying to finish up the corrections of my PHD thesis, and it has left me pretty sapped by the end of the day.
rahga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internet stopped being fun when everyone you know in real life started using it.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I instinctively tried to "favorite" that reply.
Wonderbutt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Skrybe, for all you've done for us. Thank you Frank, for Dur Butters. I've been a member 12 years and I hope to be here another 12 years, after which I shall leave technology and search for Bigfoot.
shawnphase

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im workin super hard on a 13th video game cover cd. as always, i thank you fine young cannibals for all the knowledge from over the years, i wouldnt have an understanding of games and gaming the way i do without you all, sincerely. after all these albums its kind of a matter of getting better at what i do and with that comes some more complicated material, of course that sometimes is in games that arent as well known. so you guys have helped me a great deal over the years, more than i can really say.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here, I'm queer, and I'm staying.
MathUser2929

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's gone so quiet you guys should let everyone put lost levels in their avatar if they want to.
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still lurk here, silently. I'll unmute myself since everyone else is.

Ah, so what's been up with me? Well, I got married back in '09, but I think that might be common knowledge at this point, not sure. But we bought a house in a nice neighborhood, and the mortgage is cheaper than renting in the shitty part of town where all the meth labs and gangs are. So, yay there.

I was majoring in game development at a local college, until I found out the major was a mill to churn out non-entertainment C++ coders. Nothing against C++, except that it was taught horribly and it's not something I wish to do all day long full time. I switched to web design, something I have a little experience in already. HTML5 is amazing compared to all I had to work with back in the day. I have to make a site for one of my classes, my topic of choice, so I basically made a retro gaming site. Just something that's accessible to collectors and non-collectors alike. Most of it is just placeholder text, as we're focused mostly on the design aspects. I'm saving my real energy for my wife's site (she's an insanely talented painter, aside from her dayjob as a librarian.) With art sites, you have to make those razor sharp when it comes to style. Right now, I'm just goofing off without many bells and whistles. After finals are over next week, it's time to get dirty and make stuff they don't teach in school.

Well, I might take a week off to play FF Type-0 HD, since that's actually a FUN game, but other than that... it's crunch time with JavaScript, browsing Jqueries, taking photos of about 30-odd something paintings in the right light, and figuring out the best way to market this puppy.

Haven't actually given up on Game Dev, since I've networked with a lot of local devs here in Atlanta (I got to beta test Tripwire's Killing Floor 2, as an old friend of mine did a lot of the art and UI for the game.) I won a full developer's edition of Clickteam Fusion 2.0 (same engine the AVGN game and few others were made with) with a few port modules, so I'll probably try my hand at some simple games when I have time. I got BMF a standard copy, not sure if he's poked around with it yet. (I imagine he's busy over at TCRF with XKeeper, alongside his dayjob.) It's taking a back seat to life.

So yeah, no complaints. No complaints at all. Life in House Thompson is pretty damn sweet. Except when I have to do a quiz for my SQL class. Oh, I know SQL, but the quizzes throw really weird curve-ball questions that aren't important to actually learning and using SQL on a day-to-day basis.

I do miss seeing updates here on an half-yearly or so basis, but I get it, I really do. Not too many lost games out there right now, unless you're willing to go up against insanely wealthy hoarders on Yahoo! Auctions Japan. And everyone has other projects/jobs they're working on. But, my original offer still stands to the Lost Levels staff; if any of you guys ever need any assistance with any projects, paid or not, let me know. I don't give that offer out to just anyone. Hardly anyone, actually. My writing's gotten better, my web dev/design skills are a little sharper, I'm a lot calmer... wallet is still lighter though, as much as I'd like to throw in for whatever prototype is up for bid. Other than that, yeah, I'm easy to find.
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to live for surfing Digitpress.com, LL, tototek, nesdev and a few others *every* day from about 2003 to 2010, but then family, house, job, baby (3.5 yo now) happened. I barely know what the hell is going on in gaming any more and it sucks. I stare at my vast collection and realize I can't remember the last time I played any of them. Sucks. Free time is but a memory. I hopped on here for the first time in ages and saw this thread. Still around... just not as often as I'd like.

-Rob
drx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been subscribed to the RSS for a few years, it helps.
Jeckidy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mostly cutting back from collecting or playing video games for various personal reasons, but knowing the market and having experience with it helps me to profit whenever I resell stuff. Most of my money on eBay is made from secondhand game sales. Right now I'm mostly focused on handheld gaming when it comes to personal entertainment, though and tempted to get a 3DS.

In the meantime I am working on a blog that has about 80+ posts so far but are all in draft mode at the moment save for my FAQs. I mostly discuss literature, music, and real life stuff among other things. I have been here in the past under various names but this is the one that stuck so far. I haven't dumped any prototypes since I last posted here, though. But we'll see. The only unreleased prototypes I want to see are Twelve Tales and Dragon Hopper. And maybe Sonic 1 beta.
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeckidy wrote:
The only unreleased prototypes I want to see are Twelve Tales and Dragon Hopper. And maybe Sonic 1 beta.

You will stand with the Aquario Alliance or else fall with the faithless.
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still exist. I have no cool, exciting game job to talk about or any damn job period. I still have nothing newer than a Dreamcast, but have been working on pimping that out to its highest possible limit instead of, you know, trying to catch up to the real world. (Oh you better believe it's hooked up via HDMI! Next step, HDD mod!)

Haven't paid the slightest bit of attention to ye olde Skene in years, though lately for some reason that twinge of nostalgia has led me into wasting hours reading NintendoAge forums and Assembler and checking back here again and whatnot. I don't even know, what's even left in the world of 8/16-bit protos that hasn't been found or accounted for these days? Ultimate Journey maybe?

So. Yeah. Sup y'all.
Blitzwing
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for this and Sim City to turn up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shawnphase

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still hard at work on the new vgm cd, this far later! but its comin together well. im gonna release a cassette that will be a split with my friends the mountain chiefs at the beginning of sept, then hopefully the album will come out after that.

since its taking me longer, i made a little webpage to share stuff thats in the process of getting completed. some of the most obscure vgm ever considered to be performed happens on a daily basis, so im making headway, but i wanted to put this up. lotta classic, but obscure vgm here, feel free to check it out. it gets intense.

http://candsstockreports.bandcamp.com
Ichiban Crush

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blitzwing wrote:
Still waiting for this and Sim City to turn up.

Yeah, I'd like to see Sim City NES too. It's up on my list with Seiken Densetsu FDS and Duelin' Firemen, which I have a feeling doesn't exist outside of FMV footage.

Speaking of Duelin' Firemen, I came across some interview with Ivan Stang on some random Usenet thing, and he mentioned shooting footage for the game. Apparently the two brothers helming the project were hardcore Church Of The Subgenius members, which explains... well... everything except anything related to something resembling a functioning game of any sort. Didn't see it as an avenue worth chasing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: