Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

Capcom's Avengers (Buraiken) for NES?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brain Breaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Capcom's Avengers (Buraiken) for NES? Reply with quote

The recent talk of Mega Man/Capcom reminded me to post this. It's a Famitsu interview from their June, 1987 CES report, where they also visited a few other companies while in San Francisco (where their main US correspondent was based). You'll see the Avengers/Buraiken reference in the middle of the interview. It's not much to go on, but this guy was clearly in the know, so I thought it was worth highlighting. I don't think I've ever seen this one mentioned elsewhere among Capcom's vaporware lineup of the era.

Please excuse my crap photoshop skills. I'm currently experimenting with a possible large-scale magazine translation project, so this is an early test.

Tongueman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Joseph P. Morris is not the same person as Joe Morici?
Brain Breaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongueman wrote:
So, Joseph P. Morris is not the same person as Joe Morici?

Oops, I should have mentioned that. I do think it's him, but they wrote it as "Morris", so I wanted to go with the literal translation. They probably just misheard the name. I've translated a couple of interviews they did with NOA around the same time, and they seemed to think Gail Tilden's name was "Jane Gail" for some reason, despite the fact that she was even wearing a name tag at the CES. They did it in both interviews!

By the way, that text-replacement translation for the Mega Man 3 preview you did for your page is what inspired me to try this method out, so thanks for that! I'm still experimenting, but it seems to work pretty well. I'll be starting on some traditional right-to-left, up-to-down mags soon though, so that will probably prove to be more challenging...
Brain Breaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for clarity's sake, here's the original pic:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: