The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:57 am

A Few NES Listings...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really on topic here, but speaking of parallel ports: https://medium.com/@tltx/the-void-left-by-the-parallel-port-51eb6c919e8a#.n3ct5ikiw
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good turn out so far...so far the ones we still have outstanding are:

Baby Gangster
Hot Rocks
Hulk Hogan
Jaws Revenge
Super Trucks
Super Ralley

I have a couple more to add, all from Matchbox...from 1989's Ultimate Unauthorized Nintendo Game Strategies (listed in their Preview! section)

Monster Truck Rodeo (not a new one I know, but worth mentioning because it has a mock-up screen shot that I haven't seen anywhere else)
Ring Raiders
Tune-Up Rallye (Could this possibly be Super Ralley?)
Urban Convoy
Web World
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, got a new stack of books and magazines and a few new titles to add to the list, again from 1990-1991, and this website has been really helpful in clearing up some potential additions to the list, but here's a few stragglers:

Bug Buster
Daemon Wars
Darc Seed
Driving Game
The Flash
Grand Prix (Not Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge, which came out in 1992)
Indiana Jones II
Legend of Hero Tonma
Lord of Lightning
Match Play
Power Pad Football
Pyro (possibly Pyross?)
Samurai Conflict
Skyscraper
They're Alive
Vanilla Ice (an alternate title for the also unreleased Rap Quest?)
Workboy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Green Meanie wrote:
Darc Seed

I feel like this has come up before...possibly an early Zombie Nation title? The villain's name is Darc Seed.
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMF54123 wrote:
The Green Meanie wrote:
Darc Seed

I feel like this has come up before...possibly an early Zombie Nation title? The villain's name is Darc Seed.

Yup, just did some more research and found this was the original title for Zombie Nation.
KingMike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one of the games in the previous list I've heard of is The Legend of Hero Tonma, which we know was in development on the Famicom and even got as far as prototype cartridge art (as a mock-up cartridge shell was listed on yahoo! Japan a few years ago, I recall). But it was canceled and only the PCE/TG16 version released.

Indiana Jones could be any of the released (possibly Temple of Doom or Taito Last Crusade, less likely Young Indiana Jones Chronicles).
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Green Meanie wrote:

Bug Buster
Match Play
Skyscraper
They're Alive
Workboy

I need citation/context for these please!
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
The Green Meanie wrote:

Bug Buster
Match Play
Skyscraper
They're Alive
Workboy

I need citation/context for these please!

Done!

Bug Buster - Game Player's Strategy Guide To Nintendo Games Vol. 3, No. 6 November 1990, "The Ultimate Game Club" ad

Match Play, Skyscraper, They're Alive - Game Player's Strategy Guide To Nintendo Games Vol. 3, No. 7 December 1990, "Video Game Land" ad

Workboy - Nintendo Power Vol. 24, May 1991, "Pak Watch Coming Later" page 97
KingMike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the Workboy some kind of (unreleased?) PDA-ish hardware add-on to the Game Boy?
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember magazines in the mid-90's mentioning the way they played and added screen shots of Game Boy games was device named that or Wide Boy, possibly.
KingMike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide Boy was the Famicom (and NES?) add-on to play Game Boy games, for licensed developer/reviewer use only.
I remember reading that an unlicensed party (Biederman, I think they were called) tried making a retail device and Nintendo quickly shut them down.
7HeroesForceBattle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find info and scans on the Workboy with very little search work (such as this blog post about these scans). A lot of that is post-2010 "let me rephrase the handful of details I read elsewhere" videos and articles, but if you root around you'll find people discussing it as far back as 2006. I think I first heard about it in the mid/late 90s, who knows where, at exactly the adolescent age at which it sounded like an absolutely fantastic idea. I assume the perspective on the concept I've gained since then came about a lot faster for the people involved in potentially bringing it to market. If that listing was for something else, that'd be quite curious indeed.

Every time I come here, I think about making a mountweazel-hunting topic, but I never do. I'm really glad some people are still at work on combing through old magazines for this stuff.

That "Lost Games" wiki is one I've never seen before. Rather anemic, but I like it. Are any sites besides that and Unseen64 actually still compiling info on unreleased games? Everything else seems to be Youtube vids, Tumblr posts, Facebook updates, and so on...not great for cross-referencing or collaborating.
Niiue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7HeroesForceBattle wrote:
You can find info and scans on the Workboy with very little search work (such as this blog post about these scans). A lot of that is post-2010 "let me rephrase the handful of details I read elsewhere" videos and articles, but if you root around you'll find people discussing it as far back as 2006. I think I first heard about it in the mid/late 90s, who knows where, at exactly the adolescent age at which it sounded like an absolutely fantastic idea. I assume the perspective on the concept I've gained since then came about a lot faster for the people involved in potentially bringing it to market. If that listing was for something else, that'd be quite curious indeed.

Every time I come here, I think about making a mountweazel-hunting topic, but I never do. I'm really glad some people are still at work on combing through old magazines for this stuff.

That "Lost Games" wiki is one I've never seen before. Rather anemic, but I like it. Are any sites besides that and Unseen64 actually still compiling info on unreleased games? Everything else seems to be Youtube vids, Tumblr posts, Facebook updates, and so on...not great for cross-referencing or collaborating.

Lost Games Wiki owner checking in. I haven't really been able to find any sites besides Unseen64 that actually served as databases of unreleased games, hence why I started the wiki to begin with. From my experience, info on unreleased games is usually scattered between 3-4 different sites, which gets pretty annoying.

(Anddddd apologies if the wiki looks a bit bland, I've been focusing more on compiling info than designing the site's layout for the most part.)
Niiue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Green Meanie wrote:
Okay, got a new stack of books and magazines and a few new titles to add to the list, again from 1990-1991, and this website has been really helpful in clearing up some potential additions to the list, but here's a few stragglers:

Bug Buster
Daemon Wars
Darc Seed
Driving Game
The Flash
Indiana Jones II
Legend of Hero Tonma
Lord of Lightning
Match Play
Power Pad Football
Pyro (possibly Pyross?)
Samurai Conflict
Skyscraper
They're Alive
Workboy

Can you mention where you got these from so I can cite them properly on my wiki?
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully no problem with bringing back this old thread, but during some more digging I've found more titles not already mentioned.

Fron Jan-Feb Nintendo Power 1989:
Jump Burger
Mask Rider (Not Knight Rider, as that one is listed in the same ad)
Price Is Right
The Battle Fields of Napoleon

From April/May/June Nintendo Power 1991:
Coco Run (possibly Cocoron?)
The Adventures of Robin Hood (possibly original title of The Legend of Robin Hood?)
Trivial Pursuit
Twin Peaks

And from earlier, those still remaining:

Bug Buster
Daemon Wars
Driving Game
The Flash
Indiana Jones II
Lord of Lightning
Match Play
Power Pad Football
Pyro (possibly Pyross?)
Samurai Conflict
Skyscraper
They're Alive
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Christ, Twin Peaks would have been such an appropriate property to license for a Nintendo game Rolling Eyes
KingMike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the Robin Hood game likely the same as the released Kevin Costner game (was it Prince of Thieves?), except the movie license probably got added somewhere in development?
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Battle Fields of Napoleon

A localization of Napoleon Senki from Irem, to be published in the US by Broderbund. A former Broderbund employee confirmed the localization was at least partially complete.
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a new one I've just recently discovered. From GamePro Hot Tips: Sports Games from 1990, listed in the "Lean, Mean, And New On The Scene" section (mini-reviews of new games)

One I haven't seen yet, Matchbox Racers:

Possibly an early build of the Camerica release? They mention they same vehicles that came out in the final version.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The designer of Matchbox Racers, Ross Harris, actually briefly talked about it years ago in the Scarabeus thread. He confirmed that the game was finished. Pretty certain there's no connection with the Camerica game, which was Micro Machines rather than Matchbox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: