Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:13 pm

A Few NES Listings...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia


Joined: 28 Aug 2003
Posts: 2095
Location: I hate you.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really on topic here, but speaking of parallel ports: https://medium.com/@tltx/the-void-left-by-the-parallel-port-51eb6c919e8a#.n3ct5ikiw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Green Meanie



Joined: 01 Mar 2004
Posts: 210
Location: The New Wave

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good turn out so far...so far the ones we still have outstanding are:

Baby Gangster
Hot Rocks
Hulk Hogan
Jaws Revenge
Super Trucks
Super Ralley

I have a couple more to add, all from Matchbox...from 1989's Ultimate Unauthorized Nintendo Game Strategies (listed in their Preview! section)


Monster Truck Rodeo (not a new one I know, but worth mentioning because it has a mock-up screen shot that I haven't seen anywhere else)
Ring Raiders
Tune-Up Rallye (Could this possibly be Super Ralley?)
Urban Convoy
Web World
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Green Meanie



Joined: 01 Mar 2004
Posts: 210
Location: The New Wave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, got a new stack of books and magazines and a few new titles to add to the list, again from 1990-1991, and this website has been really helpful in clearing up some potential additions to the list, but here's a few stragglers:


Bug Buster
Daemon Wars
Darc Seed
Driving Game
The Flash
Grand Prix (Not Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge, which came out in 1992)
Indiana Jones II
Legend of Hero Tonma
Lord of Lightning
Match Play
Power Pad Football
Pyro (possibly Pyross?)
Samurai Conflict
Skyscraper
They're Alive
Vanilla Ice (an alternate title for the also unreleased Rap Quest?)
Workboy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BMF54123
Staff
Staff


Joined: 28 Aug 2003
Posts: 740
Location: Henderson, NV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Green Meanie wrote:
Darc Seed

I feel like this has come up before...possibly an early Zombie Nation title? The villain's name is Darc Seed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Green Meanie



Joined: 01 Mar 2004
Posts: 210
Location: The New Wave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMF54123 wrote:
The Green Meanie wrote:
Darc Seed

I feel like this has come up before...possibly an early Zombie Nation title? The villain's name is Darc Seed.


Yup, just did some more research and found this was the original title for Zombie Nation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KingMike



Joined: 04 Nov 2003
Posts: 871

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one of the games in the previous list I've heard of is The Legend of Hero Tonma, which we know was in development on the Famicom and even got as far as prototype cartridge art (as a mock-up cartridge shell was listed on yahoo! Japan a few years ago, I recall). But it was canceled and only the PCE/TG16 version released.

Indiana Jones could be any of the released (possibly Temple of Doom or Taito Last Crusade, less likely Young Indiana Jones Chronicles).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi


Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Posts: 4189
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Green Meanie wrote:

Bug Buster
Match Play
Skyscraper
They're Alive
Workboy


I need citation/context for these please!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
The Green Meanie



Joined: 01 Mar 2004
Posts: 210
Location: The New Wave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
The Green Meanie wrote:

Bug Buster
Match Play
Skyscraper
They're Alive
Workboy


I need citation/context for these please!


Done!

Bug Buster - Game Player's Strategy Guide To Nintendo Games Vol. 3, No. 6 November 1990, "The Ultimate Game Club" ad

Match Play, Skyscraper, They're Alive - Game Player's Strategy Guide To Nintendo Games Vol. 3, No. 7 December 1990, "Video Game Land" ad

Workboy - Nintendo Power Vol. 24, May 1991, "Pak Watch Coming Later" page 97
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KingMike



Joined: 04 Nov 2003
Posts: 871

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the Workboy some kind of (unreleased?) PDA-ish hardware add-on to the Game Boy?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Green Meanie



Joined: 01 Mar 2004
Posts: 210
Location: The New Wave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember magazines in the mid-90's mentioning the way they played and added screen shots of Game Boy games was device named that or Wide Boy, possibly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KingMike



Joined: 04 Nov 2003
Posts: 871

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide Boy was the Famicom (and NES?) add-on to play Game Boy games, for licensed developer/reviewer use only.
I remember reading that an unlicensed party (Biederman, I think they were called) tried making a retail device and Nintendo quickly shut them down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
7HeroesForceBattle



Joined: 17 Feb 2010
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find info and scans on the Workboy with very little search work (such as this blog post about these scans). A lot of that is post-2010 "let me rephrase the handful of details I read elsewhere" videos and articles, but if you root around you'll find people discussing it as far back as 2006. I think I first heard about it in the mid/late 90s, who knows where, at exactly the adolescent age at which it sounded like an absolutely fantastic idea. I assume the perspective on the concept I've gained since then came about a lot faster for the people involved in potentially bringing it to market. If that listing was for something else, that'd be quite curious indeed.

Every time I come here, I think about making a mountweazel-hunting topic, but I never do. I'm really glad some people are still at work on combing through old magazines for this stuff.

That "Lost Games" wiki is one I've never seen before. Rather anemic, but I like it. Are any sites besides that and Unseen64 actually still compiling info on unreleased games? Everything else seems to be Youtube vids, Tumblr posts, Facebook updates, and so on...not great for cross-referencing or collaborating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Niiue



Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7HeroesForceBattle wrote:
You can find info and scans on the Workboy with very little search work (such as this blog post about these scans). A lot of that is post-2010 "let me rephrase the handful of details I read elsewhere" videos and articles, but if you root around you'll find people discussing it as far back as 2006. I think I first heard about it in the mid/late 90s, who knows where, at exactly the adolescent age at which it sounded like an absolutely fantastic idea. I assume the perspective on the concept I've gained since then came about a lot faster for the people involved in potentially bringing it to market. If that listing was for something else, that'd be quite curious indeed.

Every time I come here, I think about making a mountweazel-hunting topic, but I never do. I'm really glad some people are still at work on combing through old magazines for this stuff.

That "Lost Games" wiki is one I've never seen before. Rather anemic, but I like it. Are any sites besides that and Unseen64 actually still compiling info on unreleased games? Everything else seems to be Youtube vids, Tumblr posts, Facebook updates, and so on...not great for cross-referencing or collaborating.


Lost Games Wiki owner checking in. I haven't really been able to find any sites besides Unseen64 that actually served as databases of unreleased games, hence why I started the wiki to begin with. From my experience, info on unreleased games is usually scattered between 3-4 different sites, which gets pretty annoying.

(Anddddd apologies if the wiki looks a bit bland, I've been focusing more on compiling info than designing the site's layout for the most part.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Niiue



Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Green Meanie wrote:
Okay, got a new stack of books and magazines and a few new titles to add to the list, again from 1990-1991, and this website has been really helpful in clearing up some potential additions to the list, but here's a few stragglers:


Bug Buster
Daemon Wars
Darc Seed
Driving Game
The Flash
Grand Prix (Not Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge, which came out in 1992)
Indiana Jones II
Legend of Hero Tonma
Lord of Lightning
Match Play
Power Pad Football
Pyro (possibly Pyross?)
Samurai Conflict
Skyscraper
They're Alive
Vanilla Ice (an alternate title for the also unreleased Rap Quest?)
Workboy


Can you mention where you got these from so I can cite them properly on my wiki?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

RSS


Powered by phpBB 2.0.23 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group