Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:11 am

Tom Vs. Jerry: The Chase is On for SNES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Tom Vs. Jerry: The Chase is On for SNES Reply with quote

Today we have two prototypes of the unreleased game Tom Vs. Jerry: The Chase is On for SNES. Also known as Tom & Jerry 2 in some previews.

http://hiddenpalace.org/News/Tom_Vs._Jerry:_The_Chase_is_On

kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redeye has a prototype of this also. It may or may not be in my possession, don't remember, and I think it may not actually be playable. Been toooooooooo long, don't remember shit.
KungFuFurby

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And from the previous topic...

I confirmed that it was indeed developed by Software Creations (or that it was at least possibly co-developed between Ridel and Software Creations). There's a credit for the company after the last level in the ending screen (and there are a few more levels cut off, actually, in the 1995 prototype).

The level select code in the 1995 prototype is Y, X, B, X, B, A. Left and right select a level, then while playing a game, Select+Start instantly clears the level, and L+R gives you an instant game over.

And I found the Tom & Jerry font in the game as well. It's used for the Game Over logo.

And one more secret... Tom is actually a background (in SNES technical terms).
drx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KungFuFurby wrote:
And from the previous topic...

I confirmed that it was indeed developed by Software Creations (or that it was at least possibly co-developed between Ridel and Software Creations). There's a credit for the company after the last level in the ending screen (and there are a few more levels cut off, actually, in the 1995 prototype).

The level select code in the 1995 prototype is Y, X, B, X, B, A. Left and right select a level, then while playing a game, Select+Start instantly clears the level, and L+R gives you an instant game over.

And I found the Tom & Jerry font in the game as well. It's used for the Game Over logo.

And one more secret... Tom is actually a background (in SNES technical terms).

Sweet, nice find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: