Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm

Possible proto videos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Possible proto videos Reply with quote

Video Fenky had a link to it, figure I'd spread the love.
Archive.org's got up a bajillion video game video clips
[hyperlinked for size - ed.]

There's probably something interesting in there, and god knows I'm too lazy to find it.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good god.

Edit: Good GOD.
Mia D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, I know where these are from! Although two seconds later I found out it actually said on the website where it came from but MINOR MEMORY VICTORY I ASSUME.

They're from the Video Pipeline, a company that produced instore videos (and later dvd) that video stores could order. One was called DREWS VIDEO PICKS, which was the one we got at our store It would play previews from movies coming out that month, most of which were either the original theatrical trailers/tv ads (so it was amusing to hear them say THIS SPRING...A MAN WILL EAT! SEE EATINGDUDE THIS APRIL on Christmas Day) or the thirty second spots for the Domestic release day (home video release date for you notknowing folks).

They kept certain movie types together (i.e. all horror previews would be shown back to back) and whenever they'd show a different set a HEY GUYS HORROR OH NOES title card would come up. They never made new ones, and it was pretty easy to memorize the cards and repeat them silently while checking out GIRL AND BOY FALL IN LOVE AND IT IS WACKY. (ACTION, DRAMA, ROOOOMAAANCE, YOU CAN ALL FIND IT HERE! AT YOUR LOCAL VIDEO STORE)

They also had a selection of video game ads that played one after another and were sandwiched between HEY LOOK KIDS VIDEO GAME montage that featured Street Fighter II, some racing game, and god another game that I can't remember for the life of me. The ads, as you all probably see, were usually just music playing over a set of clips taken from ingame and from renders (?) apparently (Wario World, ffxi, Tony Hawk Underground, and thousands of others followed that formula). Sometimes you'd get just a plain tv ad for the game, but that wasn't as common as BLARING TEEN MUSIC IN YOUR FACE VIDEO GAME TIME.

They also used to include terrible, terrible music videos from certain movies, but luckily they stopped doing that a month after I started working there (there is only so much of WHINY COUNTRY COYOTE UGLY SONG you can take in a day).

Now, Video Pipeline recently went bankrupt (which is probably why those clips are available now) and we signed up for Ingram's (one of two distributors we use) preview system. I'll miss them, especially since none of our new dvds come with game previews.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy fuck, what is Akuji The Heartless doing in that page?!

Edit:
What the hell? The King of Fighters '95 for the PSX? Leisure Suit Larry?! O_o
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
narc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice videos and im glad they are archiving them along with web sites. I never knew someone attempted to make a video game out of the fast and the furious.

Quote:
What the hell? The King of Fighters '95 for the PSX? Leisure Suit Larry?! O_o

I own king of the fighters 95 for psx they did a good job with it. Recommended pickup for anyone that loves the kof series. I have a feeling it didnt sell very well because I bought it new at a already reduced price and watched stores quickly drop the price to bargin bin level fast.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My KOF'95 post was more of a "Wow, they actually previewed the game!" impression. And I have played it.

However, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The game is pretty, yes, but having to wait one or two minutes between rounds? No thanks. :P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video for Asterix shows the logos for SNES, GB (or GBC), and Nintendo Entertainment System. And while, yes, the game was released on the NES in Europe, you'd assume that this preview video was aimed at North American markets. At least, that's the assumption that I'm making.

I'm combing through these, by the way.. up to 100. Out of 2038, or something like that. I'll be busy for a bit.
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking there were some US print ads without screenshots for Asterix on the NES. And I'm wanting to say Electro Brain was going to release it.

But I'm intoxicated and it's late, so maybe I'm imagining things.
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Electro Brain, 1994. As per video thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: